Technical Abarth replacement disks/pads

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth replacement disks/pads

Neil Barker

Paparrazi
I find it appalling that on my 2nd Abarth, at 24k, I'm now getting steering wheel wobble under high-speed braking - just like my last one, the disks appear to have warped.

This really is shoddy and I'm not impressed. I've had many other cars with similar of better performance and they've not suffered this kind of fault at such an early mileage. Whilst it's technically not covered under warranty, the fact that it happened to my other one and they replaced them makes me wonder somewhat.

So, I'm obviously looking for some new disks/pads.

Now I half-fancy something a little different - disks and pads that will last me a little longer/give me better braking performance. Yes, I know there's a trade-off between the two.

Any recommendations and ideas of cost ?

Also, any recommendations for somewhere to change them for me - Burton on Trent/South Derbyshire area ?

Some of us including myself have used the EBC turbo grooved and dimpled on the front i have also done the rears to useing OMP grooved and drilled and I am very pleased with the difference(y)

Stuart DemonD said:
I too use EBC TGs on the front, with Greenstuff pads, and am very pleased.

As for warping?! Do you stay on your brakes when stationary?

Ummm. No. I know better than to do that
:rolleyes:

What did they cost you Stuart, did you fit them yourself and what effect did it have on your insurance ?

Neil Barker said:
Ummm. No. I know better than to do that
:rolleyes:

What did they cost you Stuart, did you fit them yourself and what effect did it have on your insurance ?
Ok, just asked - some people I know still do :)

I got the parts via a FIAT tech, via his mate - can't recall what I paid, it was cash though :chin:, probably £130 or so. Then I got them fitted via the dealership, one hours labour, with courtesy car - £76.38 I think.

Insurance effect was minimal :)

I payed £206 for front EBC and rear OMP discs groved and dimpled on the front and groved and drilled on the rear fitting cost me nothing :D did it myself (y) and I bought them from On-line auto sport.

Last edited:
Back