General Abarth Phone system

Currently reading:
General Abarth Phone system

Latest firmware is 9.8.

If you want a setup disk, I have a copy - can be sent via MSN if needed, only an 8Meg zipped Nero Image file. Also, read the sticky within Stilo-->Technical about how to upgrade yourself, at your own risk :)

@ 7zark7
I've got the setup disk too ! It's a dead easy upgrade, as Stuart says, just follow the sticky instructions and all will be fine ;o)

Oh and Marsons is not far from J16 M6. (about 14 miles from Sandbach, which is the same distance as Mongoletsi from me)

Hi guys, did reply yesterday but it screwed up and lost my masterpiece. Taken me till now to summon up the effort to re-write this! :bang:

7zark7, actually went to FOW to look for a newer car for the wife. She has a Citroen ZX 1.8 Advantage. They are very local to us and have a very good reputation, loads of WhatCar special awards etc. For the money we could have had a 1.8 LX Mondeo, but saw the Stilo Abarth and was knocked out with all the goodies you got for the same price. Mangoletsi had (have) an Abarth in with virtually the same mileage and the same age as mine, no 17” alloys, or leather or alarm but £500 more. Won’t be buying a car off them in a hurry! :yuck:

The selespeed is a doozie once you get used to it. I lazily keep it in auto and manually change when I feel like it. It does boot down well though on the motorway!

I had a look at you blue one, but the mileage was a little higher and the car a little older (but of course a little cheaper), so decided on the Red one. Interestingly I got the feeling both had been there for a long time, as mine had a very flat battery and both have very under inflated tyres. You may want to check yours as mine came with them at 30psi, the direct conversion from BAR gives around 33.5psi but I’m running at 35 PSI for a those high speed conditions and to give a bit more MPG. ;)

As for the service indicator I believe, having read on this forum, you need to use a computer that only FIAT dealers have. They will do it for you but want money for effectively nothing. To comply with the FIAT warranty you do not have to use a FIAT dealer but they have to use genuine FIAT parts and adhere to the FIAT service schedule. For the RAC warranty you just have to use a VAT reg garage and it appears only have an oil change and a fluids check and cam belt check to comply. I think the Abarth has it’s cam belt changed at 5 years, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Something to check is that the two recalls have been carried out this should be stamped in your service book. One is for a sensor on the radiator that stops the engine cooking itself and the other for the side window airbags to stop them deploying by themselves! If you phone a FIAT dealer they can tell you via their computer system if it has been done.

The Nav+ upgrade does actually only take about 3 minutes. I was on 8.5 so your owner obviously had more idea than the previous guy who had mine. Pongo has a disc as do I if you need it.

As you work in Knutsford I’m sure we can count you in the Cheshire set. (y)

Re: Spooky coincidence.....

Acordis said:
The Alfa / Fiat guy is in Sandbach, his name is Alfie (short for Alfonso and yes he is originally Italian so I am told). His place is Heath Road Garage (in Sandbach obviously) tel 01270 764 214. You have to mention Steve as a contact (who is my mate who has an Alfa 156 (and a £2500 engine rebuild done by Alfie) so Steve can get his 5% and feed his kids! (only joking!!).

I have to say I haven't been there as yet but will be doing so rather than let the Fiat dealer chimps on the car.

Dave,
I rang Alfie today (oh and it's short for Alfredo!), 'cos mine is due it's 3 year service. How much did he quote for the full service including parts ??

£70 (yes SEVENTY quid)

It's booked in for June 7th !!

oh AND he can reset the service indicator too

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

As in Alfredo the Dago (apologies for totally un-pc comment ;) )

I knew he was cheap, but not that cheap!! Fantastic! His work is top notch. Let us all know how things go.

Back