General Abarth Grande Punto MPG

Currently reading:
General Abarth Grande Punto MPG

GramC

Hi all

First thread on here... and just about to buy my first Abarth :)

Just wondering what MPG figures people are achieving in the real world... Im all set for buying it... providing you dont all say 20mpg!!! ;)

Cheers

Graham

Maybe 99% of Abarth buyers dont even give MPG a 2nd thought... If economy is important to you there are better options, an Abarth is essentially a driving enjoyment car, it shouldnt be driven like Miss Daisys Cadilac....

It has very similar MPG figures to the Abarth 500 (not surprising as it's practically the same engine) Once run in, you'll probably get 27 MPG on a bad tank, 32 to 37 MPG on an average tank, and on a good tank you may see 42 to 48 MPG. These are just estimates, you could get a lot worse, or a lot better. My average for the A500 for the past 20,000 miles or so is 32.2 MPG.

The benefit of these cars is that they are pretty powerful, so when overtaking or going up hills, you just leave it in 5th/6th and increase the throttle until you feel the turbo kick in. Requires very little effort really.

Currently getting around 33mpg average, I have had up to 45 out of it on some long motorway trips.

Went to newcastle and back (from London) and I got 41mpg overall, this was around 75-80 in 6th Gear as well as some driving around the twisties when I got up there.

If your light on throttle and dont go on boost, its ultimatley a 1.4, if you boost then wahey loads of power! but then dont expect high figure.

You would have to be utterly hammering it to get sub 20mpg

6th gear on boost, power is silly for overtaking!

Driving sensibly to/from work I can easily get 45 - 50 mpg out of mine (mixture of A roads and B roads using cruise control)

Get a little bored and it drops a little though...

AGP + TMC Box + Exhaust + Panel Filter.

Dont rely on the in car MPG computer... Highly innaccurate! Fiat (and many other car manufacturers) over estimate what MPG is being achieved in their cars.

Always best to calculate it yourself.

IE my grande punto says I get about 46 MPG on average. An independent MPG calculation by me reveals that the MPG is actually about 35-38

Dont rely on the in car MPG computer... Highly innaccurate! Fiat (and many other car manufacturers) over estimate what MPG is being achieved in their cars.

Always best to calculate it yourself.

IE my grande punto says I get about 46 MPG on average. An independent MPG calculation by me reveals that the MPG is actually about 35-38

Highly inaccurate is an exaggeration. You're doing the maths wrong. The most mine has been out by is 3 MPG higher on the computer than actual. In fact, if you do 300+ miles, it's 90% accurate, basically the more miles you do, the more accurate the computer reading :)

Highly inaccurate is an exaggeration. You're doing the maths wrong. The most mine has been out by is 3 MPG higher on the computer than actual. In fact, if you do 300+ miles, it's 90% accurate, basically the more miles you do, the more accurate the computer reading :)

I havent had my car long and as such enjoy resetting the Av MPG trip to see what ive been getting for journeys. Perhaps thats why my MPGs are so far out cause they're not being calculated over long enough journeys!

My Evo Abarth is supposed to do 47.1 combined, its only doing 25.6 but im putting it down to running in, only 2500 miles on it so far. I hope it gets better, alot better:)

Back