General Abarth gone in for recall

Currently reading:
General Abarth gone in for recall

Well, ive finally had the recall notice through for the steering rack. I took it in to caledonia manchester today and they have confirmed it needs a replacement. Surprise surprise, it has to be ordered and wont be in till thursday. as such its now unsafe to drive and i wont get the car back till friday at the earliest.

im stuck with a bottom of the range punto now:cry:

I hope it comes back ok, ive been lucky so far with the car, 9000 miles and not one problem:slayer:

Well, you should have got a letter by registered post!

You could look in the service book, but very rarely get stamped for recalls unless you request it.

Why not speak to your local dealership, Matt - they should be able to tell off their system!

blackJTD said:
how do you know if your car needs to be recalled?? do you think mine might need to go in?:(

When my car was in at fiat for the power steering fault they rang me to tell me that i had a RECALL notice on my car. So i got a new steering rack and a new a colum. DONT LET THEM CHARGE YOU FOR TRACKING. they tried it with me but i said no way its fiat that put the notice out so its up to them to sort it and they did. 4 days later the the recall notice came in the post

So just take your car in and they should be able check for you

And make sure they track the car after fitting the steering rack, as when they fitted my steering rack and didntretrack it and about 5months down the line oh look my nearly new tyres are bold!!!! Not a happy customer couldn't prove it was them because of the time it took to wear the tyres down.. but it was just a conisidence that the place i took it to asked me if i had any work done to my steering rack, etc... as my tracking was reading a -14camber out :eek: was i cheesed off or what!!!! please,please make sure you ask to see the reading from the track to make sure that it was done, as it left me with a £200 bill :(

well, got the stilo back yesterday after having the rack fitted. It went in tuesday morning and was done on thursday afternoon. steering feels heavier i think but that may just be due to the rack being new. overall it feels pretty good.

The b@stards still charged me a tenner for the courtesy car insurance, w@nkers...

Back