Technical Abarth Dash and Proxy Alignment SUCCESS!

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth Dash and Proxy Alignment SUCCESS!

larzmaster

Hi,

just wanted to share:

if you want to install an Abarth dash (used or new) to your non-Abarth Stilo, you need to let the dealer perform a proxy alignment. During this proxy alignment, no optional nodes which are not stored in the body computer (for example if you installed a CN+ afterwards) may be on the CAN bus. Otherwise, the proxy alignment will fail.

After a successful proxy alignment, there are no more error messages (loose connection, parking sensors, etc.) and the mileage does not flash anymore.

Best,

Lars.

yes, after the proxy alignment you can of course re-add the cn+. i installed it with a four second delay circuit (as described in the faqs) and it works just sweet.

Makes sense, I did my dash before I had CN+ installed, good result Lars!

Like to see the person who bought my Stilo have a successful proxy :p

Could my loose connection error be repaired by a proxy realignment? I have intermittent loose conection error and intermittent parking sensor failure???

Sometimes the parking sensors just start working? I havent changed or added anything, so dont know why i should need a proxy alignment? My mileage isnt flashing either?

Ive checked all connections so far except for the crank sensor.

Is this an examiner only fix? or could it be done via laptop and obd interface?

Larz and Rich replaced parts involving nodes so that's why they needed things realigned again. You haven't done anything like that have you?

Saving the best til last eh?:) #

A fault code reader or laptop and interface or examiner will be able to give the fault codes which may point you more in the right direction

A loose connection =poor connection or no connection at all ie wrong resisitance

Could my loose connection error be repaired by a proxy realignment? I have intermittent loose conection error and intermittent parking sensor failure???

Sometimes the parking sensors just start working? I havent changed or added anything, so dont know why i should need a proxy alignment? My mileage isnt flashing either?

I know this is very old but was hunting for some information when I came across this . . .

Anthony, did you sort your problem? This can be caused by the connector under the bumper getting damp/dirty and causing "Parking Sensor Failure" and "Loose Connection" messages. Obviously going to FIAT and using the Examiner will tell you exactly which connector has the problem.

I don't have any error messages, but mileage is still flashing. CN+ is original there, everything is now ok. I found and changed bad electronic for wheel buttons. Do I need to make proxy alignment again after repairing to avoid this blinking?

Yep, now sorted. The loose connection error message was the crank sensor failing. the engine would turn over but not fire, after 5 seconds of cranking i would have the error message. Bought a new crank sensor for around £20 and fitted it in around 5 mins, which sorted that out.

The parking sensor error i still have, but its the closest sensor on the N/S of the bumper has disintigrated, i need to order and replace the particular sensor, then all should be ok!

Hi friends,

Sorry I see that this is very old topic but interesting something to me. About proxy alignment. If I want to put CN+ unit afterwards in my car what proxy alignment will solve all? Do I need then to put 4s delay circuit or not? With proxy alignment will it works like fabric version of car with CN+ unit? Please share me your opinions.

Thanks

Darko

Can someone explain me better what is solution for all my questions.

Darko

As far as the 4 sec delay is concerned it's not required any more as you can now correctly configure the body computer to accept the NAV+ unit (which is a far superior way of doing it).

You must study the thread mentioned to understand more

Back