General Abarth 500 Cup FTAO Fiat/Abarth UK

Currently reading:
General Abarth 500 Cup FTAO Fiat/Abarth UK

If you are reading this we want an Abarth 500 similar to this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=20732

no bling, just performance (y)

Esseesse suspension 135 bhp engine and £12k price tag (y)

Even better lose the rear seats and put a half cage in
Might happen if Abarth prices soften but part of me doubts it. What is there to take off the Abarth to make it cheaper and lighter? Air conditioning is the only thing I can think of and perhaps the rear seats as you said.

If I'd known Renno were doing a Twingo Rennosport 133 Cup coming out I think I might have considered getting that over the 500 because I do like the Twingo and with 133 naturally aspirated horsies you can't lose :) Don't think the wife would have liked it though :(

If I'd known Renno were doing a Twingo Rennosport 133 Cup coming out I think I might have considered getting that over the 500
Shame you didn't know...is there anything we can do to make you change?

If I'd known Renno were doing a Twingo Rennosport 133 Cup coming out I think I might have considered getting that over the 500 because I do like the Twingo and with 133 naturally aspirated horsies you can't lose :) Don't think the wife would have liked it though :(

It certainly seems to have the edge in the chassis department. I like it too. Like the way Renault offer the no thrills versions. Mind you I'd want a stereo upgrade and climate really as I'm getting old and like my creature comforts these days.

With a bit of discount that car is a serious contender. (y)

It certainly seems to have the edge in the chassis department. I like it too. Like the way Renault offer the no thrills versions. Mind you I'd want a stereo upgrade and climate really as I'm getting old and like my creature comforts these days.

With a bit of discount that car is a serious contender. (y)
Time to say "I told you so!" again? :p

Still looks like a Suzuki Alto to me! (bad thing)

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 25
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 30
You've got to judge cars on what they are and not what they're like. The 500 looks like a Micra and the Micra is ugly yet the 500 is not.
Thankfully the Micra Sport looks nothing like the Abarth though! ;) TBH i quite liked the Twingo, but the Abarth rated higher in most tests. Oh and have you seen the interior on the Twingo? :yuck:

Thankfully the Micra Sport looks nothing like the Abarth though! ;) TBH i quite liked the Twingo, but the Abarth rated higher in most tests. Oh and have you seen the interior on the Twingo? :yuck:
Well in most of the tests I've seen the Twingo rates higher thanks to it's far superior chassis :)

Yea but i don't think most people even know what a chassis is, so not many would base their decision on that. I think the A500 wins most people on it's looks, interior, performance etc. And the handling is superb anyway.

I think most people will. The Twingo will outhandle the Abarth easily and if we don't bring asthetics into the argument is clearly a better drivers car.

That's the name of the 500 racing series so would make sense, hmm stripped out, re-suspensioned (multilink from the R3T please) and the uprated multiair engine now that would be fun.

That's the name of the 500 racing series so would make sense, hmm stripped out, re-suspensioned (multilink from the R3T please) and the uprated multiair engine now that would be fun.
I very much doubt there is multilink suspension in the R3T. Firstly FIA homologation rules for the R classes prohibits you using a different suspension arrangement to the homologation car and anyway even with World Rally Cars they only allow you go go MacPherson strut on the rear if you're changing from a beam axle.

I had a chat to someone @ Italiaspeed and he said it's almost certainly a typo.

Back