General AA man thinks its possible crank sensor?

Currently reading:
General AA man thinks its possible crank sensor?

Morning.

My little seicento broke down last night on my way home.

She splutted and would cut out, and i thought it could be pulling crap from the tank but that was fine. if i waited a couplke of mins she would start but i couldnt get over 25mph before she would cut out, she would tickover ok.

Anyway the AA man went through the luist of problems with the seicento ?(coilpacks, plugs, earths etc) all fine (cause i checked all them!), he "thinks" its the crank sensor, but would like a second opinion!

he said when the engine gets warm the crank sensor doesnt send?, but if the engines on tick over it would get warm but still ticks over only conks out when ya drive

Can't imagine how this can be the crank sensor....but I had a very similar symptom after taking delivery on my brand new Sei in 2001....turned out to be about a litre of water in my fuel tank. Gave up on the dealer trying to resolve it and took the pump/sender unit from the tank and found it half filled with water. The cutting out issue only happened with less than a quater tank of fuel:bang: As long as there was enough fuel to displace the water all was fine. Never had the problem again!

I have owned my car for nearly 3 years and it has only failed to start from cold twice at 6 monthly intervals, it seemed as if it had run out of fuel, the 1st man from green flag flattened the battery trying to start my car eventually it started with a jump start but he did not know what the problem was, the 2nd time it failed to start from cold another man from green flag sprayed easy start into the air intake which got it started so he said best i get the ecu checked for any faults but no faults were found so the garage changed the crank sensor expecting this to be the problem which it was and fortunately for me not a fault with the ecu but my problem only effected cold starts unlike your car when my car did get started on those 2 occasions it ran as normal.

Back