General A true, funny Stilo story

Currently reading:
General A true, funny Stilo story

superleccy

Ex-Stilo Warrior
A few months ago I was giving two German friends of mine a lift into London, in my 3 Door Fiat Stilo. They both got in through the passenger door... one in the back, one in the front.

When they realised that I was driving a Fiat, they started to mildly take the p*ss... in a very German way: "Fiat, ah, yes, very good cars, but unfortunately they tend to spend a lot of time in the garage. You should buy German."

Now, I love my Stilo, but they were right... it has spent more than its fair share of time sat in a garage over the past couple of years. I just kept quiet.

But, my Stilo must have been listening, and it didn't like what it heard. When we got to London, it wouldn't let either of them out. The lock on the passenger door had failed, and it wouldn't open. My German friends had been trapped by my Stilo.

Is that style or what?

Regards
Superleccy

lol, and when they finally got out, they had a German smile thinking to themselves:

"yep, we were right."

I know what you said :p

Anyway, German cars aren't what they used to be! I mentioned to my dad that my car was in for a recall, and he muttered something! Next day, he receives a letter from Mercedes-Benz - oh look, a recall for brakes on his SL500 - made me smile :)

superleccy said:
A few months ago I was giving two German friends of mine a lift into London, in my 3 Door Fiat Stilo. They both got in through the passenger door... one in the back, one in the front.

When they realised that I was driving a Fiat, they started to mildly take the p*ss... in a very German way: "Fiat, ah, yes, very good cars, but unfortunately they tend to spend a lot of time in the garage. You should buy German."

Now, I love my Stilo, but they were right... it has spent more than its fair share of time sat in a garage over the past couple of years. I just kept quiet.

But, my Stilo must have been listening, and it didn't like what it heard. When we got to London, it wouldn't let either of them out. The lock on the passenger door had failed, and it wouldn't open. My German friends had been trapped by my Stilo.

Is that style or what?

Regards
Superleccy

Are they still there?

I had an interesting experience on a race track in Italy, with an Italian instructor and two Germans, none of us could speak any of the others languages so alot of sign language was going on, but even at 100mph into a hairpin corner p... taking is recognisable in any language. I beat them though (y)

I had that problem on the first night i bought mine. Looks really impressive when your trying to show off your new car, but can only get in and out through the drivers door! Is it a common problem?

Stuart DemonD said:
I know what you said :p

Anyway, German cars aren't what they used to be! I mentioned to my dad that my car was in for a recall, and he muttered something! Next day, he receives a letter from Mercedes-Benz - oh look, a recall for brakes on his SL500 - made me smile :)

I agree- I have seen too many Pasats at the side of the road pissing water everywhere with a huge puddle (and repair bill!)

Plus my Seat Ibiza had the VW motor in it and that destroyed itself. Then any major mechanical part with VW AUDI stamped on it broke.

I wont buy German.

Well, i don't know what german cars are like now but my brother drives a BMW 320i since 1992 and it's never had a fault with it; lovely car, fast, fun to drive, lovely sound (in line 6) and still looks pretty nice!

Back