Technical A really weird fault

Currently reading:
Technical A really weird fault

Last night I drove home, as usual, no problems, parked Luigi my trusted Sei Sporting.

This morning I got in, turned the key and its all gone **** up. A rattling noise from under the bonnet later traced to the big main relay "chattering"
and the rev counter twitching up and done. A couple of the usual lights came on but very dimly.

I replaced the battery, same thing.

Anybody else had this, or any ideas?

Bruce

Next to the ECU ( on the right ) there is a white box about 3 inches by I inch, lots of wires going in. That one. I rattles when the ignition switch is turned on.

Good idea, been out and tried that, they look ok but put a spanner on anyway and supplemented it with earths using spere jump leads. No result though.

Sounds more like an earth problem to me.

Is the rattling noise happening all the time when the ignition switch is on, or only when you try and start the car? If it's when you try and start the car it could be the starter solenoid as these make 'rattling' noises if there is insufficient power to engage the starter motor.

Do the lights on the dashboard dim when you try and start the car?

Hi,
Check the main loom connector and the front of the engine bay for corroded terminals. Its also worth checking the plug into the ECU.

Hope you sort it!,

Regards,

Back