General A Good Cento Day Today.

Currently reading:
General A Good Cento Day Today.

Horney

It's all in the name!
Me and the Sei did a 400 mile round trip from Basingstoke to Manchester and back. Managed the return leg in 3 Hrs 10 Mins and broke the ton figure for the first time :)

Gave it a good clean when I got back for all it's hard work. Hopefully the weather will be OK tomorrow so it's still nice and gleaming for the Ace.

Nick

Horney said:
Me and the Sei did a 400 mile round trip from Basingstoke to Manchester and back. Managed the return leg in 3 Hrs 10 Mins and broke the ton figure for the first time :)

Didnt know they had a private road on that route :p

I did just over 500 miles on sunday in my cinq, they are great on long drives, still need to wash mine :(

well that is true. the book says it'll only do 93bhp and i had to prove it wrong:devil:
but since then ive changed the exhaust, spark plugs and leads so maybe now, plus i wasnt alone when it was done so thats extra weight

It probably read a ton on the speedo but was more likely to be closer to 90mph

:eek: the fastest ive ever done in my Sei when it was an 1108 was (just under) 90mph and only did that once...i was late for college :eek:

It struggles to get to a ton but 90 is easy peasy I'm actually on 14s if the post above is refering to my car.

I have read a standard Sei should do a ton easy but mine really struggles over 95 but is nearing 85,000 on the clock so id probably a bit tired. Hopefully the McChip, My new leads and plugs will help when I get them (Not that I condone driving fast!).

Nick

There really is so much rubbish written on this forum about the inaccuracies over speedo readouts. In every test I have ever seen or read the speedo is universally out by between 2-5mph never more and always over reading, this keeps you on the right side of the law, although they do allow for under reading other wise speed limits would be set at a very draconian dead on rather than a little over. If a speedo was out but this thumb rule 10% all the way through the range the car would never pass type approval, or in the case of importing or building your a car never pass an SVA test.

Yes it will over read but not by as much as people think, and there are always discrepancies due to tyre wear etc and fitting different sized tyres from manufacturers specifications.

J333EVO said:
There really is so much rubbish written on this forum about the inaccuracies over speedo readouts. In every test I have ever seen or read the speedo is universally out by between 2-5mph never more and always over reading, this keeps you on the right side of the law, although they do allow for under reading other wise speed limits would be set at a very draconian dead on rather than a little over. If a speedo was out but this thumb rule 10% all the way through the range the car would never pass type approval, or in the case of importing or building your a car never pass an SVA test.

Yes it will over read but not by as much as people think, and there are always discrepancies due to tyre wear etc and fitting different sized tyres from manufacturers specifications.

Have to agree, GPS backs up as an indicated 75 is true 70mph (y)

Back