Flowery_Fiat_8.jpg

500 A Flowery Fiat.

Re: A Flowery Fiat

others may see it as a blank canvas! :)

Canvas would suggest something creative. Generic Retro flowers from ebay doesnt scream creativity or individuality imo. But hey ho thats just my opinion and as long as you like it thats all that matters. (y)

Thanks for your comments, it certainly brings a smile to my face when I look out of my windows!

Hey maddogmorg, did you recognise the beach?!

I've got a friend who lives your way, so you might see me about.:)

Last edited:

Canvas would suggest something creative. Generic Retro flowers from ebay doesnt scream creativity or individuality imo. But hey ho thats just my opinion and as long as you like it thats all that matters. (y)

Well I like it and although the flowers might be generic or whatever, I do think its creative and I've certainly never seen one like that.

Thumbs up, he/she is beautiful :) Enjoy

Not many like that to be seen around and for that reason alone I like it.

Anything unique like that is going to make the car stand out and that just makes me like it more. I'm not much for flowers, but the idea of making it different is cool.

Jane - I'm curious and I've been wondering about how you went about this - I've found the site where I think you got the flowers from, but did you then just stick them whever you felt like or did you come up with a design plan of what you wanted before you started?
Jo

Hi Jo,
I got the flowers from Hippymotors.co.uk - yes it's my car on the front page of their website!

I had a design in my head so I enlarged the pictures of the flowers from the website, cut them out and stuck them on the car with blu tac so I could see what it would look like and whether I really wanted to put flowers on.

Once I'd put the real flowers on the car I just added the smaller ones where I thought there was a space. Since the photos were taken I've added a few bumble bees and some more flowers as there were a few gaps!

The trick is to go bold - the bigger the better and don't be afraid to put loads on. If you don't like the look, they are very easy to get off again with a hair dryer. The trick with putting them on is to make sure the car and the stickers are both wet, that way when you put them on, they slide about on the water so you can get them in the right position very easily. Once you've got one in the right place, squeeze the water out from underneath the flower otherwise they won't stick properly and you'll get bubbles.

Some of the flowers come with a backing tape on them so you stick and peel as you put them on. I asked for them without the tape so I could put them on with the water method. They are much easier to put on with water, otherwise you are stuck with putting them where they first land and if one creases you can't unstick it.
Let us know if you go for it

Jane

Back