General A few questions:

Currently reading:
General A few questions:

Hi,ive just bought a cinquecento sporting on fri and i love it,so much fun, but theres a couple of questions:

1:my temp gauge dosnt work,ive been told its the thermostat,is this rite??

2:Whats the best induction kit?? Are the 1's with the large silicone tubing any good??

3:how much can i lower it by without any modifications??

4:Where can i run my power lead for my amp thru the bulk head?? i cannot find any decient gromets but it was dark.

Cheers Brooky

1) If your theremostat is bust, it will either be stuck open or closed. If its stuck closed don't drive it as it will overheat...it won't open loop and let the rad cool. Does the fan kick in? Prob more like a sensor/wiring fault.

2) Prob people will say GSR, PM oldschool on the forum.

3) Pedantic son of a bitch I am :D ... you can't without mods. Unless you load it with bricks or cut the springs :eek: Don't do that! DO you mean springs only?

4) Dunno on the Cinq? Is there a grommet above the accelerator pedal, perhaps where the speedo cable goes through?

Kristian

kritip said:
1) If your theremostat is bust, it will either be stuck open or closed. If its stuck closed don't drive it as it will overheat...it won't open loop and let the rad cool. Does the fan kick in? Prob more like a sensor/wiring fault.

3) Pedantic son of a bitch I am :D ... you can't without mods. Unless you load it with bricks or cut the springs :eek: Don't do that! DO you mean springs only?

Kristian

The fan has kicked in once that i know of in traffic,dont no about when im goin fast becaust its got a loud exhaust on it

When i said without mods i ment spacers or cutting the arches:confused: im used to minis.lol

If the fan kicked in in traffic, this is good. Find the temperature sender on the head, underneath the cam breather and make sure the wire is attached to it. If the wire is attached, then remove it and earth the wire to the head. If the gauge moves, then its a faulty sender.

Cheers

D

Back