Technical a few questions please help!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical a few questions please help!!!!

hammersfan

The other day I was driving my car, it was shaking alot and a mechanic said that the car wasn't sparking properly. The car still ran and then the head gasket went according to him, so therefore with that he changed the head gasket, whilst he was there he changed the timing belt and the waterpump ht leads and spark plugs.Now the car won't start at all, it doesnt turn over. He has told meI need a new coil for it. I'm just hoping that this is the problem or am I being fooled into false pretences. I need my car for work and I can't afford anymore work to be done to it. I beggining to wish I never brought this punto now. Does anyone know what is happening or can offer any advice.

Punto Mk2 Y reg 8V.

That sounds about right its recommended to change the sparks, waterpump and cambelt while the head etc is off the car, saves the enxpense of having them removed changed at a later date.

It will still turn over with a faulty coil so i dont think it is that.

First thing id check would be the ignition circut if it isnt trying to start or turning over at all.

Last edited:
I have had a mechanic come out and do a diagnostic but he doesnt know what is wrong. I'm really worried that I'm going to have to scrap the car that is my first and I paid good money for it. I'm at the stage now where I'm thinking if it costs me 400-500 quid then I will have to get it done. I don't know where to turn. I just hope that someone can fix it just so maybe it runs and then I can sell it. Punto's are annoying when they aint working but when working they are a dream.
One thing I have been told is that the camshaft and rockers aren't adjusted to the cyclinders correctly. Any ideas or truth in this???

Last edited:
Back