General a few problems

Currently reading:
General a few problems

burtz

I SAID GET OUT OF THE CAR
Hi, just a few problems wid my car that i was hoping you lot could help me with

my passengers seat is wobberly but non of the nuts will tighten and the drivers seAT is slightly bent :S

also i have just realised there is a small oil leak that seems to be spitting from the engine and is landing on the flexi pipe and the carpet bit above

plus a realy annoying sqeaky noise either coming from the suspenion or along the axal some where

Help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi, just a few problems wid my car that i was hoping you lot could help me with

my passengers seat is wobberly but non of the nuts will tighten and the drivers seAT is slightly bent :S

also i have just realised there is a small oil leak that seems to be spitting from the engine and is landing on the flexi pipe and the carpet bit above

plus a realy annoying sqeaky noise either coming from the suspenion or along the axal some where

Help would be appreciated.

thanks

I had the oil leak aswel i saw that it was dripping quite alot from both left & right side of the oil sump. on the left it was coming from the top seal gasket and on the left from near the alternator there is another gasket or seal thing had both replaced had to lift engine out to fix problem and put a new timing belt and alternator belt because they were well worn out. Got all this done for free, anyway still got a slight oil leak much less than before just a drip now from the left side near the alternator so obviously they didnt do a great job or something else needs replacing.

thanks for the reply.

na mine doesnt drip it jus spits out from the engine somewhere. i parked my car for a week wen i went on hoilday and no oil patch, but once i start driving it starts spitting agian

also can i take the heat shield of the manifold bit?

Yes if you want to, although I'd reccomend leaving it.

The floating point under the seat is probably broken from being overtightened.

Spray WD40 on the rear beam bushes.

I have a really annoying squeak to- was told it was the shocks!! Could be urs to- as wd40 didnt help....

I have a really annoying squeak to- was told it was the shocks!! Could be urs to- as wd40 didnt help....

that is wat i thought as well but have hurd that it could be the rubber chasis mount, which wd40 also didnt help

i think its time to see a garage :(

thanks for the reply tho mate

for people who had the same problems as me
i went to a garage and they told me:

the oil leak wasnt a oil leak lol grease shooting from the cnetre cv boot thing
and the sqeeky noice was wat richie said, about the rear bushes

hope it helps

Good timing if the bushes are dead, until now you had to buy a full beam from Fiat (£300-400). Shop4parts now have the bushes in for £10 each :)

Hope they re-packed the joint for you, otherwise your driveshaft will die.

the squeaking sounds similar to something i encountered if it's at the rear left of the car ?
there are some rubber(or similar material) seals around parts of the exhaust to hold it in place firmly, one of these circular seals was just sat awkwardly and squeaked a lot as it vibrated.
hope I've helped !

the squeaking sounds similar to something i encountered if it's at the rear left of the car ?
there are some rubber(or similar material) seals around parts of the exhaust to hold it in place firmly, one of these circular seals was just sat awkwardly and squeaked a lot as it vibrated.
hope I've helped !

You mean the exhaust rubbers which hold it up to the hanger?

Back