Technical a few annoying problems with my mk2 uno 1.0L!

Currently reading:
Technical a few annoying problems with my mk2 uno 1.0L!

ok, thought id ask here to see if anyone has some ideas before i fully look properly! as im lazy at the moment and havent got time to tinker really! need a quick fix!

things were all working ok until i took the interior light out whilst fitting my mk2 turbo headlining. i refitted the light but couldnt remember which wires went where (3 wires) and now the interior light doesnt work at all which ever way i try the wires :confused:

also, my radio suddenly doesnt work, im guessing something to do with me messing with the light! also, i fitted a mk2 turbo digital clock into my 1.0l as its just a case of plugging it in (the wires are already there) and it was working fine for ages until now. again, im guessing its something to do with me messing with the light!

so, here my probs...

1) which wires should fit where on the interior light? and is there a fuse?

2) why is the stereo not working, i couldnt see a fuse for it, is there one?

3) whats happened to my clock?!?! it still lights up etc when u turn the engine on and turn the lights on, but no numbers show! again, is there a fuse?

i did look at the fuse board but could see any fuses relating to the above. I did how ever find a fuse blown which was the fag lighter, not replaced that yet but that shouldnt make a difference should it?

4) extra one this! all has been fine with my uno, ticking over perfectly etc until now! ive not used it much over the last 2 weeks, but i fired it up yesterday and drove it to my GFs house (13 miles) and everytime i dipped the clutch when i come to a stop the revs creap up to about 2k! really annoying as i sound like a learner driver at the lights lol! it never used t odo this! its like the choke is stuck on?!?!?! an ideas as i havent messed with the adjustment on the throttle as it should just start over revving! things start happening for a reason lol

cheers peeps!

Dunc

Last edited:
i did look at the fuse board but could see any fuses relating to the above. I did how ever find a fuse blown which was the fag lighter, not replaced that yet but that shouldnt make a difference should it?

Yes, it will make a difference as the fag lighter is run on the same 'auxillary' circuit as a number of other items, such as clock, interior light, stereo... :rolleyes:

Change the fuse! ;)

(This is the case for a mk1 but I'm fairly sure the mk2 is pretty much the same.)

yeah, found this out! sorted now!

been along time since i last changed a fuse on my UT so kinda forgot! plus, i have no fag lighter, no stereo and no interior light in my UT so its never really been an issue LOL!!

most cars have separate fuses for each, so i was looking for the stereo fuse and interior light fuse!

Dunc

Could be a few things causing high idol. I have experienced

Dead alternator
Poor timing
Throttle cable - can adjust it's self too
Lose electrical plug on the throttle body.

Can't remember if shot vacuum diaphragm / vac leak caused it too.

Have you had the battery disconnected recently? maybe ECU wasn't reset properly.

Can also be other things, which I ain't experienced yet temp sensor ect.
What ever it is, you'd be better off resetting the ECU too.

Last edited:
How do you go about resetting the ECU?, i can't imagine there being a button on the case? lol :S

cheers
Dan

How do you go about resetting the ECU?, i can't imagine there being a button on the case? lol :S

cheers
Dan
You ain't found that big RESET button yet?

LOL
...the ECU is reset by disconnecting the battery which you have done for some time. Then reconnect, start the engine and let it idle until fan cuts in. Shut off engine. ECU is now reset.

Morten.
some time is about 30 mins.

Don't be using any electrics when letting the idle as it lets the ECU get some good initial values :)

Don’t be surprised by the wheel spins too, They won’t last long :eek:

Last edited:
Back