General A couple of technical questions..

Currently reading:
General A couple of technical questions..

I've already asked question 1 in another thread but it got lost in the discussion...

1. I have a set of Cinquecento Sporting alloy wheels to fit to my Panda 4x4 based kit car. I have trial fitted them with the normal Panda wheel studs but are there specific studs I should be using for these wheels?

2. Does anyone have a new one of number one in this pic?
Gear_Linkages.jpg

How much do they cost? Is it a dealer only part?

Another question added having inspected the pic more closely:

3. I could also do with item 11 either new or used. If used in good condition please.

Last edited:
Steve said:
The Panda/Cinquecento/Seicento wheel studs are identical. The fitment is exactly the same.

Provided they're 13". The 14" Seicento Abarth alloys are 10mm wider, too. But seeing as they're rare as rocking horse sh!t, glossing over them isn't a surprise.

Plus default's got Cinq wheels anyway.

God I'm picky today. I need to have some drinks and get lost somewhere.

Last edited:
When i tried to fit my alloys initially I scratched the alloys quite badley with the first nut as the head on the steel wheel bolt has a smaller head, the alloy bolts will however fit both wheel types as the head is much wider.

I'll try to do a pic later of both but have very little time till tomorrow.

standard panda nuts are not long enough for sei alloys (ive fitted them myself) sure thing the nut screw in but they are not long i enough and do not sit in the holes on the alloys (you know what i meen). get yerself down to the local breakers or ask a breaker on ebay(y)

Steve said:
I've physically compared nuts from Cinq, Sei and Panda wheels and they are identical.

i think im going to have to get my camra out when i get home :rolleyes: my nuts are totally different:eek: :eek: and the orginal ones that came on my panda were just too small for my alloys.:confused:

we should be saying bolts really, unless the ones that came with my alloys are not original fiat?!!:hm:

I fitted the cinq sporting alloy's tp my panda without a problem on the panda bolts and the sei abarth 14's aren't rare it may just be in wales they aren't rare as there are loads of sei's around in wales and I have 2 sets, one on my sisters cinq and a set spare to go on my panda soft top when I get round to putting it back on the road.

Dave

Cinquecentos with alloys (ie. sportings) have different bolts to cinquecentos with steelies. The taper on the bolt head is different. Being as the steelies are the same on cinqs and pandas i would guess that you need cinq ally bolts to put the wheels on the panda. probably.

Fiat Nutter said:
sei abarth 14's aren't rare it may just be in wales they aren't rare as there are loads of sei's around in wales and I have 2 sets

Dave

you do realise how rare 14'' sei abarths are second hand :eek: Youre right in the sense there are loads about on seis and cinqs but in second hand terms theyre like rocking horse crap!

Theyd snap your hands off in the cento section for those 2 sets if you ever wanted to flog them!

Steve said:
Nope, I've had both Cinq and Sei alloys on a Panda with standard Panda bolts with no problems.

They will fit with no obvious problems, but ultimately you may damage the bolt holes as the tapers dont match. This is why a space saver spare off a sporting is different to the space saver on a "normal" cinq.

Back