Technical A/C doesn't work

Currently reading:
Technical A/C doesn't work

gonz81bs

Hello,
I have a little problem with my A/C. When I press the button for A/C the orange light turns on, the relay is clicking and the fan starts blowing even when it's on "0", so it tells me that evt. is OK. But I don't recognize a change in motor running.

I checked the wires to the compressor: There is no voltage on the orange cable between the harness and the compressor when the switch is turned on. When I give 12V voltage on this cable the A/C compressor starts running.

Where can I make more checks to find the broken part? I checked all fuses already.

Maybe s/o can tell me where to get some circuit plans? I can't find them at google... :-(

My car: Bravo 1.8 GT '96 LHD

Thanks for answers! :)

Swap the relay with another anyway. May be duff and just sending the current straight back to earth. It will rule that out for sure then if it doesn't work.

Looked at the wiring diagrams a bit. Infront of battery there should be a relay for the AC compressor, it gets power via 60A main fuse and 25A fuse for compressor/headlight washers (also in front of battery). The ecu seems to ground the relay when the compressor needs to be turned on. Another powersource for the relay comes from the ignition switch.
Have you ran the AC self diagnostics if you got one? Max Def, temp to Hi, speed to 0, ignition on and cycle between Auto and 0 two times, odometer should say Error Cli and some numbers, "00" means no errors.

Sure there is pressure in the system? The thing wont let it run the compressor if too much stuff has leaked out.

Hi, I have the same problem, self diagnostic shows no fault. There are 4 relays in front of the battery, 3 red and 1 black, dose anyone know which one it is? I have fiddled with all 4 but still no luck.

You will only get power at the compressor clutch if the system has sufficient gas and thus sufficient pressure for the system to function.

Basically stop playing with the electrics and get it regassed.

Had the same problem 1 year ago;
I did exactly as AndyRKett suggested .. when trying to re-gass the system they found a big hole in the AC radiator.. swapped that out with a salvaged one... filled with gas.. and 1 year later the AC is still working.

do not trust the AC sefl-diagnostics.

A big enough stone to the evaporator and the gas will last 2 maybe 3 seconds?

Half arsed repair work, moving parts fouling the pipes, or just corrosion all things that can cause the gas to leak out and the system to stop working

Please help me out!
I have a fiat bravo 1.9 td 75 and my a/c compressor isn't engaging . when I press the switch the light turns on but not the compressor. When I connect the compressor directly to the negative pole of the battery it starts. I also just refiled with gas but no success. When i tryed the error checking method, in the LCD display it appears error C1 , error 00. Please help me out.
Thanx in advance.

Thats the same thing I had, C1 00 means no fault, mine just started working again and has been fine ever since???? Could be relay.

Did you change the relay?
If yes, which one of the relays is it? the fourth one?

Back