General A bit of fun

Currently reading:
General A bit of fun

Fishguy

Just out of interest, at what speed do you feel most comfortable driving your Sei. Please state your size of engine at beginning of your post

Haha mine is a standard 2001 sporting too, I feel like 70 is my limit before my car is shouting its way down the motorway

Yeah, motorways are no fun... sitting there at about 4000 rpm for ages, it feels like torturing the car. Also its frustrating being limited by the gears when you want to pass someone in the fast lane too. I prefer the higher gear ratios of an SX but the gear change doesn't feel as nice.

I do have trouble driving slowly though, unless there is someone in front to keep me at the limit I always find myself doing 60 or so especially on the country lanes around here, its just fun I can't help myself :slayer:

Edit: On a top speed note, I've had an indicated 110mph :D , but I prefer not to mention this was behind a Range Rover :p

Last edited:
So we agreed on 60 being a comfortable speed for a little Sei ?

Comfortable as in you feel the car is not straining excessively to be at the speed and you are keeping up with other traffic

I use the Cinq for my work car.
And it sits at 70/5 for my 64 mile round trip no worries.
Well thats totally true 60 i would say is the best speed for noise, vibration etc.

London to Scotland I sit at 60 in Sei sporting cept through lake district when it is 70.
Flash the HGVs when they can pull back in at night cut the dipped beams. It is difficult to judge and they appreciate the confirmation, I did when I was on the tacco.
Sei will do more than 60mpg on these trips even in winter but does use the 0-30 oil

Perhaps because it expects 10-40?

yes but still less oil than Fiat say permessible it lives in a cold spot. New battery in fall new plugs leads and coils next as well as cover gasket and breather pipe.

368 miles back from scotland in my 1.1 sx and for a good chunk it held 90 nicely fully loaded!!! Some dude in an astra was not pleased when i buzzed past him as he pulled in front of me :p but yeah 65-70 was brill the rest of it :D

Back