General A belated thanks to everyone!

Currently reading:
General A belated thanks to everyone!

Hi,

I saw a Barchetta on ebay a month or two ago and decided I wanted to get one. My 1995 Rover 414 was definitely on its way out so the time was right to get another car. I bought one last weekend and I just wanted to say cheers to everyone here for the littles bits and pieces of advice I've picked up (indirectly) :)

Anyway it's 11 years old so it's a little rough around the edges but the MOT's due next week and I'll probably also get it fully serviced and cleaned up and I'll post a few pic. I thought I loved the old car (it had character!) but this one is sweet!!

OK back to work... (n)

hi there jiggy,
All of us here are very happy to help, directly or indirectly, this is what a forum is all about!
Hope you enjoy the car and welcome!(y)

Hey Jiggy, welcome to the world of B ownership and good luck with the B - lots of people here who will be willing to help and offer advice...........

Where do you live? I am going to try and arrange a get together in Oct/Nov so if you have an MOT see you there!!!!

Last edited:
I'm in northeast London mate. South Woodford, where the M11 meets the 406. I'd definitely be up for a meet-up if there's one going on down this way but I work odd hours (i.e. nights) so I'd have to see how it ties in with my shifts. Would be good to get advice first hand, such as "should that rattle really be there" etc!

Tough Northern B******s!!!! I bet you drive the B with the roof down in the middle of February in a string vest, flat cap and shorts!!!! :p :p :p :p

hehe i left work this morning about 6am and thought i'd drive with the top down through London, partly to show off to my workmate who I was giving a lift to and partly cos I thought "I probably won't feel the cold anyway, it was a nice day yesterday". I lasted about 200 yards before the top was back up! :eek:

hehe i left work this morning about 6am and thought i'd drive with the top down through London, partly to show off to my workmate who I was giving a lift to and partly cos I thought "I probably won't feel the cold anyway, it was a nice day yesterday". I lasted about 200 yards before the top was back up! :eek:

Jiggy - you whip!!!!! :p

The wife and I drove from Binfield (near Bracknell), up the M3, around the M25 and down the A23/M23 to Brighton last night (to see Billy Connolly who was most excellent)...........all with the roof down (and I don't have a wind-stop yet)!

I must admit it was just a little too chilly on the way back at 23.00 - mind you I did manage to get from the bottom of the M23 at Brighton back to junction 3 of the M3 in 50 mins :shrug: so roof down would have been VERY cold!!!!

Back