Technical 93/94 Tipo Fuel Injection Warning Light

Currently reading:
Technical 93/94 Tipo Fuel Injection Warning Light

Aaron Fitzsimmons

Hello,

I have a 93/94 Fiat Tipo 1.6ie and I get the injection warning light after driving awhile at higher speeds (normally don't get it in town). I have tried some additive, and it helped, but I still get it. No performance problems. Can the injector be cleaned itself vice replacing it? Thanks

Aaron

I have a 94 Sedicivalvole and it does the same thing. It just takes a fit and comes on doesn't seem to matter what speed the car is doing. It doesn't affect the performance. I tried injector cleaner but it made no difference. Gremlins I think, Iv'e decided not to worry about it until the car quits, It's being going on about 6 months now.
If the car stops or I get to the bottom of it I wil let you know.

Rock on dude!

I have never owned a Fiat before (all American or Japanese or Korean) and I tell you what, I think this car is a kick to drive, even if it is a 4 door. Out in these parts (where I live), you either have a VW or a Fiat. Just like Ford vs. Chevy. Except the sad part is that most people barley have money for cars.

About the only think I tell is years old, is that the thing rattles like you wouldn't believe on these s**tty roads out here in the sticks. However, unless you want to pay a relative arm and a leg, it doesn't get any better.

The roads over here are not much better I bet. My car fell into a pothole on the way to work last week and buckled 2 wheels and ruined a tyre. I just got the wheels fixed yesterday. I tried to get 2 new wheels but they can't be got. I have to say, being the Secretay of the NI Italian Motor Club, I have driven a lot of different Italian cars but this car has been the biggest surprise of the lot. It is such a pleasure to drive.
You can see it at www.niimc.co.uk

Ah, the old "show me yours and I'll show you mine" trick.

You need a Yahoo! ID (it's free), and mine can be viewed from my Yahoo! briefcase (zip file called Fiat.zip oddly enough)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/aa_fitz

Cheers,

Aaron

Hi Aaron, I'm afraid I won't be able to give you any more updates. I've sold the car. All I can tell you is that the light still comes on at no specific time but the car has never missed beat. I had spoken to various people from Fiat and they all said the same thing. "Good old Fiat Electrics".
It has developed a better fault. I can take the keys out of the ignition and the car still runs, But only while the headlights are on."Cool".
All the best, Stu

Back