Technical 92 fiat tempra sw having problems

Currently reading:
Technical 92 fiat tempra sw having problems

grindy

My 1992 Fiat Tempra SW 1600cc has a problem. I cahnged the air filter, oil and filter, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. Also I changed the fuel filter. After changing the fuel filter the problem of starting it stopped. For a week it ran fine, now it is in front of my house and won't start at all. The starter just cranks on and on but no ignition to get the engine going. I even tried spraying the engine starter into the carbreator, and nothing. Could you help me if you had the same problem? Give me a place to look. I would hate to have to tow it to a mechanic shop. //Now it starts up when the engine is cold, but not after running for 30 mintues or more during the day.//I finally got it to start the other day. Drove it to work and back. On the way back everything cut off and just coasted. I pulled over to check the timing belt, still good. Tried to turn it on and it ran to get home. The next morning I try to tur it on it turns on. I warm it up and see if anything is wrong, nothing. I turn it off and leave it for 45 minutes. When I return it won't turn on at all. What the hell?//

please check the sender unit in the petrol tank.i think you have a partial blockage of the gauze.it could also be your crank sensor going on the blink.

sumplug said:
please check the sender unit in the petrol tank.i think you have a partial blockage of the gauze.it could also be your crank sensor going on the blink.
HI SUMPLUG I NOTICED U ANSWERD A QUESTION ABOUT THE TEMPRA IVE GOT A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT MY TEMPRA STARTS UP NO PROBLEM AND TICKS OVER BUT WHEN I DRIVE IT IT STARTS JERKING STONGLY ANY IDEAS CHEERS

for the first tempra

it looks like a distributer problem. check the wires again. No spark no ignition.

the second one seems like a fuel problem. bad fuel filter maybe. check the carburator gasget too.

Last edited:
Back