Technical 899 engine swap whats needed ?

Currently reading:
Technical 899 engine swap whats needed ?

You need a 1.1 or 1.2 8v SPI engine (punto 55, 60 or Cinq Sporting or early Sei Sporting), Cinq or Sei Sporting gearbox, driveshafts, clutch and gearbox cables, reversing light connector, and -- I think -- engine and gearbox mounts. Plus all the main hoses.

Might as well grab the shocks and springs off the Sporting while you're at it.

If the 899 is a Sei, I'd just find another. If a Cinq, it's probably worth the effort.

yeah its a cinq :) had a sporting before and this one just hasnt got enough pull but nice one for the list. isit a relatively straight swap or is there welding or anything involved and as for the shocks i think im going to buy aftermarket lowering kit once done , and sorry rallycinq for not using the search ino ive been a member for a while but im still getting use to the site :D

you don't need the anti roll bar...
id swap all the air intake trunking
and elect cabling excluding temp gauge sender
new hub nuts alt belt cam belt & tensioner clutch kit clutch cable id think about new eng and gear box mounts
shorten alt bolt per guide before you need to

id be tempted to sell the Cinq to a poor girl & simpler ins getting a SPI sporting

depends on cinqs condition though Pep, its not as simple as it once was just going out and finding a good condition cinq anymore, especially if you want a particular model and/or colour. Sei's are still easy to find but for how long?

Accepted but you still need to find a SPI sporting engine/box, cups, shafts, etc. and swap everything...

yep but that can all be sourced from seicento's and are readily available compared to good cinqs. But as this will have insurance implications i would go for a 1242 engine over the 1108 if i was doing this as insurance wise there will be little difference really (clearly get quotes first before spending money and time converting the car)

Last edited:
Back