Technical 899 cinq

Currently reading:
Technical 899 cinq

sparky_monkey

hi all
well just after a bit of advice realy
can anyone stear me in the right direction on mods for my engine its a 1994 899cc cinq
if there arnt any mods i can do to get a bit of extra power can i fit a 1.1 in without much stresssssss:bang:
thanks in advance :worship:
marcus

You can do the 1108 swap but it isnt as easy as you would think

There are mods available for 899 but it is much easier with a 1108 cinq

As mentioned have a search of the FAQ's

just warming up from the wind and rain.
my venom has yet to defrost :D

but just for you..................................
icon_search.gif
icon_veryangry.gif

well thanks for that not
i am new to useing forums so a bit of pationts wouldnt go a mis but hay ho

but yes i would love a sporting but cant afford one at the min unless somone has one going for next to nothing:D

love you all
sparky:p

ive got a 899 cinq im going to fit a new engine in 2008 i know its seems way off but these things need planin.ive ripped the back seats out of mine an spare wheel an wit only me in it it goes rather well i just kept up wit a kitted up pug 106.what you done so far to it?

just fitted new sterio with 1,000 watt amp and 2x 600 subs and 2x 6x9 250 watt speekers
and on tusday i should receve my savage body kit and induction kit

thought the subs would give me more horse power :D

will put photos up soon

sparky

same body kit as i want!where your induction kit from?how you fitting it?i aint got a clue about under the hood

The way to make an 899 go well is to make sure its fully serviced, with a new fuel filter and air filter. Make sure the plugs are renewed and gapped correctly and that the leads are up to it. Use a good quality 10W40 oil.

Then make sure the brakes aren't binding, but that they are working properly and are bled and using good new fluid.

Change the dampers to gas units and get the alignment checked.

Do not go for wide tyres and wheels, they only cause drag.

Then, take all the stereo gear back out along with all other non essential trim.

Once you can trust the handling you can conserve momentum and leave larger cars for dead.

All this on a racetrack, of course.

Cheers

D

I don't have one, yet.

It was one of those ideas that flashed through my head as I though of my good 899 head sitting on a bench not needed anymore. I will speak to my engine guy and we will have a l,ook at what can be done to open up an 899 head. Its a bit more difficult than normal because the inlet manifold is in the head, but if there is space to dig I'm sure we can find it.

No idea of a price at the moment, but I will take this one further on Monday.

Cheers

D

Back