Technical 899 - Bigger engine swap??

Currently reading:
Technical 899 - Bigger engine swap??

A 899cc cinq doing a calibrated 119mph......I would love to see the proof of that. It must have been doing 10k revs

I got a 899cc cinq and it would crusie all day at 90 and go well off the clock top end, then i put all the kit on and now it will cruise at 80 and can just get to 95.

cov69 m8 i got a sporting engine for sale with everything you need to make it fit yours, looking for about £200

pghstochaj said:
A 899cc cinq doing a calibrated 119mph......I would love to see the proof of that. It must have been doing 10k revs
With those mods, a long run up and a big hill - probably around 7200 revs (haven't worked it out, just a hunch) which may be why the bottom end's gone. Odd, mind - the 899 is usually limited to 6200.

No arc...you have a modded system....mine is factory standard ;-)

I saw a kit on ebay from tropheo- 70 bhp...in 899 cinq

to bad the price was that of a punto 70

well i have a pic on my old fone of spudguns cinq doin at least 110mph down the motorway comin back from donny south. if only i could find that saxo driver and ask him wot speed we were doin :p

fixitagaintomorrow said:
With those mods, a long run up and a big hill - probably around 7200 revs (haven't worked it out, just a hunch) which may be why the bottom end's gone. Odd, mind - the 899 is usually limited to 6200.

That probably is why the bottom ends gone. If you take the car that far past the red line what can you expect? He deserves to have a ruined engine and get banned! He probably hasn't heard of running in either lol. At least if it's sold on the person will know that the engine's wrecked.

actually no not at all the gearbox was taken into mk gearbox centre here and has a longer 4th and 5th gear dunno out wat other gearbox but trust it does that and too if i rember rightly 899 have not got a rev limiter n e way so god knows wat revs it was doin i have also heard a rumour that there is another 899 running the same set up in the gearbox and he has proven it on brunting thorpe proving ground at a local cruise meet and he was doin 113

also the engine has been run in for 1500 miles and has had 3 oil changes within those miles the cinq sx bottom ends are really weak anyway with nothin more than a 10 bhp hike could by why my one is gone

Spudgun_mk said:
actually no not at all the gearbox was taken into mk gearbox centre here and has a longer 4th and 5th gear dunno out wat other gearbox but trust it does that and too if i rember rightly 899 have not got a rev limiter n e way so god knows wat revs it was doin i have also heard a rumour that there is another 899 running the same set up in the gearbox and he has proven it on brunting thorpe proving ground at a local cruise meet and he was doin 113

I thought it had a limiter at around 6,200 rpm?

And if it does, no matter what, with the engine engaged you can't get above a certain speed - irrelevant of mods, right?

Back