Technical 899/1108 ECU, whats the difference

Currently reading:
Technical 899/1108 ECU, whats the difference

The pin numbers seem the same, I know thw values may be different, but my coded ecu in the rallycinq has chucked it. I know I can get a mcrich without code, but the car is going on the rollers for a proper one eventually. I just need to get the car running and I happen to have 2 899 precode ECUs lying around.

TIA

D

I don't think they are different at all except form the values learned whilst an ecu has been in a car, so some time running around would learn the 899 ecu to accept 1108 values so for me it's a straight swap considering it's pre code boxes.

Liam

rallycinq said:
The pin numbers seem the same, I know thw values may be different, but my coded ecu in the rallycinq has chucked it. I know I can get a mcrich without code, but the car is going on the rollers for a proper one eventually. I just need to get the car running and I happen to have 2 899 precode ECUs lying around.

TIA

D

The ECU of the 899 can be used on the 1108 loom. I had a car that was all of a sudden eating up code boxes. I then tried to run the 899 ECU on it.

Eventually I decided to replace the chip. When opening the ECU I couldn't find the familiar chip. They had the chip integrated in the processor. so far I didn't come about an 899 ECU that is different. May be you are more lucky than me.

Back