General 750miles today in the Panda.

Currently reading:
General 750miles today in the Panda.

Lille to Modena. Taking in Belgium, France, Luxemburg, Switzerland and Italy.

All went smoothly, did 80-85mph most the way and kept that speed up through the alps, took 12.5hours in total which included all stops/traffic etc....my girlfriend is 5 months pregnant so a few more stops than I would have had solo.

The fuel range dial got a bit confused coming through Switzerland with the climbs, at one point within about 5-10minutes the range had changed from 230miles to 630miles.

From the computer about 57mpg, but by the weekend I will have it worked out properly. The average speed on the computer was 62mph for the trip, not help by getting onto the Milan ring road at 5pm.

Now for 6 weeks out here without air-con (Sporting spec) and 35C+ temperatures.

My Multijet did Shropshire - Nurburg non-stop. :) I think I beat you on the mileage in one day ;) :p

Worked it out at 59mpg, so not bad at all.

Mileage was planned by thinking the missus would need to be stopping more often, these pregnant women have a small tank range.

Having said that I did drive drive up to Vienna (550miles each way) at the weekend for a couple of days offroading (more driving) before flying back to the UK on the monday and driving down so I was trying to be sensible too as I may have be feeling it by then.

The car was more than capable......

Back