General 750 fire gearbox

Currently reading:
General 750 fire gearbox

carlt

My wanted add for gearbox expired and i cant seem to find it in the archives ?

Someone offered me a 750 fire gearbox [ they had spare engine as well ]

Didnt take them up on the offer as another one locally was given to me , this has now died in a big way !

Could the person with the spare 750 engine and box get in touch please !

Cheers
Carl

can i be cheeky and ask what you are doing with your old gearbox?? as i was about to post asking for an old gearbox that is knackered that i am after for a project.

cheers

mike

My wanted add for gearbox expired and i cant seem to find it in the archives ?

Someone offered me a 750 fire gearbox [ they had spare engine as well ]

Didnt take them up on the offer as another one locally was given to me , this has now died in a big way !

Could the person with the spare 750 engine and box get in touch please !

Cheers
Carl

I've got a gear box in the Donor 750L sitting on the driveway. Engine is shot I think (big oil leak) but gear box was good. Its done 89511 Miles.

You'd have to come and remove it yourself though.

O, and its a 5 speed (four forward, and one reverse)

Cheers guys
Customize - the diff broke , lunched the crown wheel and pinion , and all fell out the large hole in the casing , I probably could have saved a gear or two !
Thanks for the offer Most easterly , but i'm in Glos. and very westerly!

if theres any chance the gearbox could be removed in the next fortnight i will be going up to peterborough and possibly over to cambridge from cornwall via the M5 .
maybe somehow , someone can help get the gearbox to peter/cambs then i can bring it back down ?
Also will put a posting in classifieds in the next couple of days as a guy at work told me he 's got a band new fabric top for the back part of a 750 in his garage (h reg he thought ),never been put on ,fiat part.Hes going to fish it out for me , think hes just after a few quid for the sake of it will post when i get it .
gina X

Cheers guys
Customize - the diff broke , lunched the crown wheel and pinion , and all fell out the large hole in the casing , I probably could have saved a gear or two !

:), Not to worry, but it is available to anyone who wants it, I'm planning on having the donor in the drive a little longer (Its been there since May 2006 so is now part of the fixtures and fittings:eek:), probably get rid of it mid to late summer when I finally remove the final bits and can be bothered to get a company to pick it up and dispose of the shell.

Cheers guys

hi carlt, thats just the sort of box im after, when are you likely to be getting rid of it??

sorry customize it is scrapped

anyone else got a 750 fire gearbox

carl

Back