70% of people on incapacity benefit are expected to return to work.

Currently reading:
70% of people on incapacity benefit are expected to return to work.

but very few people know where they will be in 10 years. So should nobody have children?
My daughter is 10 - when we had her, we were married, I was in a full time job, my wife at the time was a child-minder...

...10 years later, yep, every single part of my life has changed. Maybe we should just put my kids up for adoption to a rich married couple, make a few people happy on here no doubt ;)

I think it was aimed at people who have kids so they can get more cash on benifits.
But how can you ever be prepaired to have kids? 22+ years of wallet damage and i dont think it ever gets cheaper

I do think that the comments were aimed at those who breed to gain more in benefits...at least I hope they were.
The ones that have 7 kids with no job prospects, nor wish for any impovement in their lives.

And Daz, there is never a 'perfect' time to have children, unless you are well off. If you are just average Joe, there will always be something that you have to pay for and can't quite afford a child.

And as has been said, you finally get to a time when you can afford a child, which is the case with my 2nd child...then something happens, like a rise in interest rates, council tax, petrol, food, whatever...and then you are back to counting the pennies again.

But once kids do get here, you find that things you used to think were important go out the window and its actually amazing, as a parent, just exactly how much you can cut back on for yourself to provide more for your kids.

But once kids do get here, you find that things you used to think were important go out the window and its actually amazing, as a parent, just exactly how much you can cut back on for yourself to provide more for your kids.

:yeahthat:

I haven't bought myself new clothes in ages, and I need to everything is either to big or has holes in because I'd rather buy my kids stuff.

You can't prepare for stuff like that not really you can try but the minute something unexpected happens your back to square one! It can be hard to maintain a job and kids!

However I do think that there are far to many who choose to be on benefits rather than personal circumstances changing and being forced too!

I did have a job 20 hours a week and my ex changed his access days which meant I could no longer work my contracted hours so had to leave! Plus my child care was costing £160 a week I was only making £123 as a wage!

And yes you do get help with necessary childcare but when you have to get the bus to work they don't pay for the time your child is in childcare for travelling, so I was having to pay for 10 hours childcare a week and until I can drive and bring this cost down I cannot afford to go back to work and I hate it!

I think that there is a valid point in making some people go back to work but people like myself who at this present time have no other choice take offence to most peoples attitudes on the matter because if we could get of benefits we would!

Rant over (y)

neeny09.....:hug: :)

big :hug: back!

I really have no right to moan or rant you deal with a lot more day to day than me! My mate has 3 boys one of which is autistic and I know what she goes through every day! Don't think I could do it especially with how little help there seems to be from the government!

You should get the title of Super Mum (y)

Nah, he is just my son, just takes a little more understanding than some other kids...that sounds wrong, more consideration I guess, cos I instinctively know exactly how he is feeling all the time. It's contact with others that can be problematic...if you met him, nothing would seem wrong...at first lol :)

Apart from extra bits and pieces, he is just a loving caring little boy that likes to freak out sometimes :eek:

My teenage daughter on the other hand :devil: lol

Nah, he is just my son, just takes a little more understanding than some other kids...that sounds wrong, more consideration I guess, cos I instinctively know exactly how he is feeling all the time. It's contact with others that can be problematic...if you met him, nothing would seem wrong...at first lol :)

Apart from extra bits and pieces, he is just a loving caring little boy that likes to freak out sometimes :eek:

My teenage daughter on the other hand :devil: lol

Typical mum attitude (y)(y)

Now as a mum I regret everything I did as a teenager I dunno how my mum coped but I shall find out in about 8 years I suppose :eek:

hahaha...gonna be pay back time :)

And being a mum is a full time job...but everything that women are 'meant' to do in society today and the expectations of women...is again another subject.

My nan left school at 11 and my mum at 14, both to train for being a housewife and a mum, its all they needed to know and all they were expected to achieve.

I'm not saying that is what I would want or other women would. But to have a choice would be nice...

Rather than being the career girl, housewife, mother, and stay thin, young, and still be 'up for it' after an 18 hour day.

But say, tis another subject.:eek:

hahaha...gonna be pay back time :)

And being a mum is a full time job...but everything that women are 'meant' to do in society today and the expectations of women...is again another subject.

My nan left school at 11 and my mum at 14, both to train for being a housewife and a mum, its all they needed to know and all they were expected to achieve.

I'm not saying that is what I would want or other women would. But to have a choice would be nice...

Rather than being the career girl, housewife, mother, and stay thin, young, and still be 'up for it' after an 18 hour day.

But say, tis another subject.:eek:

I enjoy looking after my kids and my man! I hate cooking (I'd rather bake you a cake tbh) But I enjoy cooking for my man no idea why but I do! But I would still rather go out and work! :devil:

Right back to those benefit cheating idiots or your gonna have to give both of us a row Missey for going of topic! (y):devil:

Back