Technical 7" OEM MY20 Media nav System

Currently reading:
Technical 7" OEM MY20 Media nav System

BurntMarmite

Has anyone been foolish enough to have the 7" OEM media/nav system in their vans?

The nav is useless, maps out of date, speed limits totally wrong , seems to think its a 20 tonne lorry rather than a "motorcaravan" - so car speed limits (under 3.05t unlaiden) - and no way to change. No way to update. And it resets to kph after each use. And the rear view camera using 25% of the screen! I mean - WTF.

Only been using it as an Android Auto display which has been adequate - the latest though, today, it flat refuses to initiate Android auto. Of course, could be the phone or cable (as its too stupid to allow wireless) - but anyone seen this? Seems impossible to reboot it

I did manage to obtain an update, which it then refused to apply - so may've been iffy USB or download. Then postponed redoing it for a while and next time I tried to download found it was impossible without paying £100s.

Just wondered if its user error - or they are all naff?

OK, all the other rants remain, but the Android Auto issue seems to be a failed USB-USBC lead (branded, came with phone). Still works for charging but not with AA. Changing to another lead (with adapter) and AA works fine. If only everything in life was as simple!

Back