Technical 60mm with 14s??

Currently reading:
Technical 60mm with 14s??

You have to be carefull as 60mm is quite low and it all depends on what tyres you have fitted to your wheels and also what offset the wheels are.

Both Brickfoot and I have 195/45X14 tyres fitted (although they are different makes) and our cars were dropped about the same amount and my tyres used to scrub on the rear arches before I got custom springs made up, where as Rich's never scrubbed at all.

60mm should be ok, unless you're running a big offset, i.e. the wheels stick out or are close to the wheel arch. Otherwise the wheel should ride up in the arch ok without rubbing.

You need to bear in mind that as Dave said you'll be near the end of your suspension travel so it'll be hard and may not handle as well as it does now on normal roads.

rallycinq said:
I was kinda referring to the idea of the 70 mm suspension drop. There would be precious little suspension travel left at that extreme, therefore my teeth would rattle.

Cheers

D
but it will b bloody low! hehe which is where i want it, am toying with the idea of keepin the 13" wheels as well, just to get it ground hugging, good job there arent too many speed bumper around me, well there are the ones with gaps in the middle, but the cinq fit through them haha :D

Back