Technical 6 weeks to rapair and no courtecy car!!

Currently reading:
Technical 6 weeks to rapair and no courtecy car!!

Happy.gilmore

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice on what to do with the wonderful Fiat customer service!
On Thursday I went over a speed bump and the front suspension went bang! The AA took the car to Fiat and on Friday I phoned them and they said that they will get the part in on Monday. Monday comes and now they say that the part is on back order and it will be here on the 6th April...... That's over 6 weeks away!!!
They also say that because they have given us a delivery date they don't have to give us a courtecy car, that's Fiats policy apparently!!!
Has this happened to anyone else, if so what did you do? I can't survive without a car for 6 weeks!
Can I get a hire car through my insurance for a waranty repair? (Elephant)

Any advice would be appreciated!

I have not called the Fiat customer service line yet as I am waiting for the Manager to call back.

Also I don't have access to another car so we really need to get a courtecy car!

Happy.gilmore said:
Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice on what to do with the wonderful Fiat customer service!
On Thursday I went over a speed bump and the front suspension went bang! The AA took the car to Fiat and on Friday I phoned them and they said that they will get the part in on Monday. Monday comes and now they say that the part is on back order and it will be here on the 6th April...... That's over 6 weeks away!!!
They also say that because they have given us a delivery date they don't have to give us a courtecy car, that's Fiats policy apparently!!!
Has this happened to anyone else, if so what did you do? I can't survive without a car for 6 weeks!
Can I get a hire car through my insurance for a waranty repair? (Elephant)

Any advice would be appreciated!

tell them you will hire a car and they will have to pay for it. usually if a car is off the road for more than 48hrs you get a free car, have you tried calling the aa, they offered me a free car if i had broke down 3 miles or further from home

Back