6 speakers / 4 outputs?

Currently reading:
6 speakers / 4 outputs?

Hi all

This is probably a daft question but i just wanted to make sure before wasting any money.

Are the 6 speakers in the marea fed from 6 outputs on the original HU, or are the front tweaters set up 'in line' with the door speakers?

In other words, If I put in an aftermarket HU with a standard 4 outputs, will all 6 speakers in my Marea still work?

any help appreciated.

cheers

If this is same as most 6 speaker systems The front tweeters join withthe front mids (door speakers) and from there feed to the back of the HU

So yes all will work fine as normal just putting a bit more power in than the standard HU

Dont worry about daft question We all have to learn somwhow (y)

thanks for the reply and nice motor!

do you know much about car audio?
I'm doing my own nut in thinking about all the options
for my marea.

Bought it with just the tape radio / 6 speaker system.

I want a cd player, but it must work with the steering controls,
and i want to add a small active sub later on (Fli 10" or similar).

We've established that the 6 speakers should be fine with any cd player so that opens up the options, but I am having trouble finding cd players that are compatible with the steering controls, at least units for less than £250.

The main reason for a new HU at all would be for the sub output, but i understand you can use a 'high level' input. So could you infact connect a sub to the original HU if i found a marea cd player (which would keep i looking standard which i will do if possible)

so many questions! what have you got in your stilo?

chrisfunk said:
thanks for the reply and nice motor!

do you know much about car audio?
I'm doing my own nut in thinking about all the options
for my marea.

Bought it with just the tape radio / 6 speaker system.

I want a cd player, but it must work with the steering controls,
and i want to add a small active sub later on (Fli 10" or similar).

We've established that the 6 speakers should be fine with any cd player so that opens up the options, but I am having trouble finding cd players that are compatible with the steering controls, at least units for less than £250.

The main reason for a new HU at all would be for the sub output, but i understand you can use a 'high level' input. So could you infact connect a sub to the original HU if i found a marea cd player (which would keep i looking standard which i will do if possible)

so many questions! what have you got in your stilo?

Im pretty much clued up on audio

This is my HU
NewFacia.jpg

Im well happy with it for MP3's and such

Your best bet if you want to run a sub is using RCA's and ot bother with high level inputs

Just a quick search came up with this
Eg Sony HU connector
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2077.html

You then can plug that into your existing wiring with your new headunit and still use the controls

When i had my punto MK1 i hand controls too and a sony HU and got them working just fine with hardly no hassle at all

Hope that helps

thanks for that, think i'm heading in the right direction now.

shame these websites dont make it clear which units are compatible with the connectors, having to look at each units specs is taking ages, but i'll get there.

thanks

No problem but if in dought just check the HU manufactors site for more info if not contact them and ask

Most Sony, Kenwood, Alpine and such are conpatorable Jut need the right connector which most of the time you can get from Autoleads

Any more questions feel free to shout

Back