Technical 55sx punto backfiring

Currently reading:
Technical 55sx punto backfiring

Enchante

Hi,
I'm new here so apolgies if this isn't in the right place.

Recently my fiat punto 55sx has been backfiring/spluttering.
This only happens when accelarating/changing up a gear. However when it's at a constant speed it is fine.
It only had a cambelt change like last week so really doubt it's that, my mechanic noticed the car spluttering when he picked it up for it's service last week (which is when the cambelt was also done) It's going back in a few weeks time for the mot and for this problem to be resolved hopefully.

Any ideas why it's doing this? Thanks:)

sounds like the garage maay have messed up the timing, not the cambelt itself but how they fit it, have it checked over to see if the timing marks sit in conjunction with each other with the engine turned over by hand

Thanks,
However will it damage the car if I use it? I really have to use it to get to work. Which is probably a 15/20min drive each day and don't really have any other options of getting there. My car won't be going back to the mechanic for about two weeks.

I haven't seen any flames, hopefully it'll be sorted in a few weeks time. I'll mention the timing on cambelt when ccar goes back in

If you wait you could end up with a hole blown out of the inlet manifold and/or burnt valves. It needs to be fixed before the car is used again. Ideally get it towed to the garage.

Back