Technical 500X Radio Issue

Currently reading:
Technical 500X Radio Issue

Pecora

Hello! Last week, my radio went a bit weird in my 500X. A lot of the stations I use now come up with "Station Unavailable"; sometimes some sound will come through then it's silent again - namely Absolute Radio. I can get BBC Radio 2 and Classic FM OK, but I have lost the information for all of the channels too - the part where you can see what track is playing etc. I'm now stuck with just 2 stations that I can hear most of the time.
Before I look into a reset, I thought someone from the community might know, or have experienced this?
Apologies if this is in another thread but I tried the search function and nothing came up.

You don't say what radio you have in your 500X. Old style AM/FM or is it a digital DAB unit.

I believe that the DAB units have an "active" antenna. If this has failed, or the power to it has failed then the signal strength will be drastically reduced and only local high power stations will be received.

I seem to recall that there have been some posts in the past regarding 500X antennas. Suggest you do a more detailed search.

You don't say what radio you have in your 500X. Old style AM/FM or is it a digital DAB unit.

I believe that the DAB units have an "active" antenna. If this has failed, or the power to it has failed then the signal strength will be drastically reduced and only local high power stations will be received.

I seem to recall that there have been some posts in the past regarding 500X antennas. Suggest you do a more detailed search.
My car is an 18 plate and has a DAB radio (Absolute Radio is DAB). I'll do another search, or just go to my dealer to enquire. Thanks!

Its the aerial base.

If water gets into the electronics in the base you start to lose stations.

This happened with our 18 plate Tipo (now replaced with a 500x) it got worse and then I could get hardly any stations, took it to the dealer and the base was replaced and it did the trick.

I believe the 500x Has the same base, and probably the same problem.

If the car is under warranty, take it to a dealer.

If its not under warranty, get an indie to do it, the dealer may charge for a diagnostic check

Back