Technical 500X - daylight running lights & parking lights

Currently reading:
Technical 500X - daylight running lights & parking lights

ab4444

Hi All

Long time no speak.

You may recall me from the horrendous saga I experienced with my 500 a few years ago. Fiat did replace it eventually after 9mths of hell with the diesel model but I had pretty much fallen out of love with it.

I changed up to the 500X, which hasn't been smooth sailing either (been into the dealership countless times for quite major work since I've had it)...so I'm putting up with the car until I can hand it back as I can't afford to get out of the agreement early. Have officially come to the conclusion that I will NEVER own another Fiat after all this.

My partner activated the 'follow me headlights' when he parked up the car last week and now I have 2 alerts on my dashboard asking to check my DRL and parking lights. I've followed the handbook to the letter but I'm not getting anywhere with resetting them, nor will the alerts disappear off my dash.

Any thoughts?

And Fiat - what the HELL were you thinking designing such a lousy menu? It's horrendous to navigate round. I can never find anything, nor get 'out' of it once I'm roaming round it.

I'm amazed to see that nobody has commented on this thread yet 3 or 4 subsequent posts have had rafts of responses.

Come on, guys!

I'm amazed to see that nobody has commented on this thread yet 3 or 4 subsequent posts have had rafts of responses.

Come on, guys!

Maybe nobody knows the answer. Have you run it by your dealer?

Come on, guys!
It's quite hard to tell what you're going on about... have you just got a bulb out? Menus seem fairly straight forward, just a bit of overlap with the UConnect settings for some items including the follow you home function but no better or worse than most other manufacturers... The iDrive in the Beemer is crackers.

I find the menu ok once you get used to it. If all bulbs are working fine and you can’t switch off the warnings try and disconnect battery.

The menu's are OK as mentioned once you are used to them but they are not especially well thought out IMO.

Back