Technical 500L speedo

Currently reading:
Technical 500L speedo

vij

I am looking for a 500l speedo or the outer casing for it. The square one. It does not have to work as mine is working but has an ugly crack in it. Any one knows where I can find one?

I am looking for a 500l speedo or the outer casing for it. The square one. It does not have to work as mine is working but has an ugly crack in it. Any one knows where I can find one?

Worst case...
you can glue the plastic using acetone (nail varnish remover)
open the crack and carefully paint acetone on both sides using a small paint brush
then join and hold together using tape or such...
It is also possible to take fine flings of plastic and mix with acetone in a small bottle to make a glue/paste...
I have done this many times to repair plastic parts..
the surface can be sanded/polished once joined...

I have a spare grey 500l cover. I'll have a look later today and inspect for cracks or damage.

Apologies,
I'll dig it out tonight and have a look, I think its become dis-coloured by the sun although I have polished this out in the past on other plastic parts. If you message me your email address I'll send you some photos
Thanks,

Michael

I have one that you can have. I had to source a spare to take the circuit board from it to replace the broken one in mine. The casing is in good condition. Message me directly and we can sort something out.

Pete

I have one that you can have. I had to source a spare to take the circuit board from it to replace the broken one in mine. The casing is in good condition. Message me directly and we can sort something out.

Pete
That sounds better than my one, with the discolouration I wouldn't describe mine as good condition!

Back