Technical 500L - how to remove door pocket

Currently reading:
Technical 500L - how to remove door pocket

Noah500

1971 Fiat 500L LHD
I noticed my passenger door pocket/bin has split completely in two so I need to replace it. I've undone the two visible screws but it still won't come off. Does the door card need to be removed? If so, how much of a faff is that?

You do need to remove the door card I am afraid as there are four nuts holding the pocket to the door card. I just happen to have a spare one here within arms length as I have been sorting a pair out for a chap in New Zealand 😀 A2E605D1-E9D1-49C0-A1E1-40C02731344C.jpeg

The spare one I have has a different design in that the top section is decorated with parallel lines. The pair I have are the same as the broken one you have so I have given the guy in New Zealand a nudge as he has first option. Interestingly Fiat continued to use these on the 126s and it is difficult to tell which style were used on which model. I noticed that some sites selling these describe them as being similar to original so I imagine that supplies of originals are long gone. It would be interesting to know what style was the original fitment in a 500.67BD560E-C941-40FE-8C34-9E39EFD8926F.jpeg

I ended up with one from Ricambio that I got along with something else. Quality is fine but it was a b@XXXrd to fit because it was very difficult to remove the passenger side window winder. I had to force in a large screwdriver into the tiny gap between the handle and the bezel then get a pair of fine-nose pliers in to grab one leg of the spring, all the while trying to keep the gap open with the screwdriver. I eventually managed but it took 15-20 minutes and even then the bezel ended up quite scratched :(. I decided to take the handle off the other door as well so I could align them, and that one was as per the guides i.e. a fairly easy push to make the gap between the bezel and the handle.

Back