500 starting at £8000 in uk ???

Currently reading:
500 starting at £8000 in uk ???

under £7k is the price of a base model aygo, ka, fox, 107 and c1 (and even panda) so it cant cost more than that imo. maybe for the first few weeks charge £8k to catch the premature ejaculators, but realistically the price should be under £7k shortly after release.

500 isn't supposed to compete against the Aygo and Fox and such like. It's supposed to be competing against the Mini. Kinda people who spend £50 on a haircut and wear pink T-Shirts. I belive the term is Metrosexuals?
We had a guy in to place a deposit on one the other day. £500 on a car he has never seen, but has read somewhere is going to be the next Mini. :rolleyes:
He was under the impression it was going to be around £9 - 10K For one.

Kinda people who spend £50 on a haircut and wear pink T-Shirts. I belive the term is Metrosexuals?
daffyd_1901_narrowweb__300x4412.jpg

500 isn't supposed to compete against the Aygo and Fox and such like. It's supposed to be competing against the Mini.
yeah and the bravo is supposed to be competing with the golf.

ignoring fiat's delusions, we need to be realistic.

the 500 will be competing with the other car's in its class, same as the new ka will. it takes a lot more than a claim from fiat to suddently shift your product into a compeltely different market segment.

base model would be £10k if it was really a mini competitor, the base mini is £11.5k. at £8k you cant even begin to compare them.

If Fiat can make those prices stick good luck to them.Clearly I would far rather have a Panda or GP from Supersaver and pocket the change but if Fiat get a profitable hit on thier hands it will be good for a manufacturer we must all like and want to succeed otherwise what are we doing on here?

yeah and the bravo is supposed to be competing with the golf.

ignoring fiat's delusions, we need to be realistic.

Thats not what the Bravo is meant to be doing it's meant to be competing with the likes of the focus and astra same market segment as the golf but not directly competing.

the 500 will be competing with the other car's in its class, same as the new ka will. it takes a lot more than a claim from fiat to suddently shift your product into a compeltely different market segment.

You are proberly right but that is not what Fiat are trying to do. They have the Panda to compete for small cheap car. The 500 is being launched as a direct competitor against the Mini.

Thats why the 500 is going to have over 65,000 different combinations of stripes, vinyl and alloys and stuff. There about 100 different options for the door handles.

It's for the type of people who are going to sit and take 15 minutes to decide if the want the white key with a blue stripe or a blue key with a white stripe, and if either combination goes with their hair.
Then move onto the wing mirrors and do it all over again.

In all honesty the closer it gets to the 500 being released the more I'm sort of dreading it. Yeah there is going to be the potential to make lots of money from it but I'm going to have to deal with alot of people who I really don't like being around.

I don't think all 500 buyers will be like that tho. ;)

I would sooner own a 500 then a Ka, and would spend the extra on top of what you can buy a kia/chev/proton etc to get one.

I think it has real class and individuality, and for the styling and equipment that you get, its quite a bargain.

Just look at how overpriced the Mini is. What do you get with the One for a snip under £10k. Wheel trims, no aircon, plus a few other important bits. And minis are quite common as well.

You can get a well specced 500 for that :D

500 Pricing Confirmed. What Ya Wanna Know?

Pricing Has Been Confirmed For The 500 Models In 3 Easy Stages
For Pop, Lounge And Sport With The 3 Engines Available.
Anyone Wanna Buy One???

might as well wait now to compare the KA and its pricing...........

Back