Technical 500 sport died ?

Currently reading:
Technical 500 sport died ?

fiatsport77

Question for the people who tinker with their cars 😁
Mrs 500 sport 105bhp twin air,
Broke down on her at the end of the road today on the school run!
Anyways i was off work so went down and tested the battery what was reading 12.5v with the car off and only dropping to around 11v when cranking? So should be good right?
In the end I put some jumpers on from my car and after trying for about a minute or two it started with a bit of hestarion,
Now took it back home and it starts fine on the button?
Bit of back story,
about three weeks ago had the same problem,
but the battery had actually gone flat this time I took it off and gave it a charge overnight and it was as good as gold!

I Can’t work out why it would be the battery as everything is given the correct reading starting/ cranking and idle (charging/alternator.
Half a tank of petrol also!
Also serviced around last year sometime but didn’t do plugs but done oil,oil filter and air filter.
Now just been out and starts on the button?
Checked earth points and cleaned them up last time I done the lower arms so don’t think they would have gunked up ?

It was running and stopped(broke down)? Or wouldn't start/crank?
Does the Bluetooth work ? I know odd question
How old is the battery
she was driving and pulled up on at a giveway and it just died! like the engine just turned off,

ive been out in it most of the day with her running it around and it hasnt skipped a beat once ?

im going to check the earth points again tomorrow and double check voltage while running.

thing i cant work out is why it wouldnt start straight away once i put the jump leads on it!?
even if it was a faulty alternator or battery it should of sprung stright to life while jumping it.
also everything works instraments bluetooth stereo aircon and so on?

Last edited:
To be honest I’m trying to find an intermittent fault, happened twice now so it’s a hard one!
I’ve checked earths again cleaned them under the battery tray checked engine earth/ body with a m multi meter after all good done a voltage drop test on most parts all good!
Took it for a proper rag up the motorway and got back tested voltage across battery and it’s charging 14.4 volts!
Gremlin cars 😂
Again I will let this slip and if it does it again on her I will just put a brand new battery on it
And then take it from there!
Not my favourite type of car to work on if I’m honest! 😂 having to remove twenty parts just to get to one part!
Also gave it some new plugs 😁

To be honest I’m trying to find an intermittent fault, happened twice now so it’s a hard one!

Not my favourite type of car to work on if I’m honest! 😂 having to remove twenty parts just to get to one part!
Also gave it some new plugs 😁

Plenty of room around both those cylinders in my punto :cool:

Unfortunately it is a panda that gives trouble... (n)

Different to your problem,but still frustrating

Must be me then 😂
Taking whole front bumper off and crash bar just to get to one nut on the lower arms is enough!
Take battery tray out to get to earth what so happens the battery tray is attached to the ecu that has to be unplugged along with two other wires routed along the back of it then another quick realease plug on the front of the tray! Haha!

Back