General 500 is a girls car....

Currently reading:
General 500 is a girls car....

Fiat 500 especially the Abarth is a SEX car. Of course repressed closet homosexuals will say its gay!

OMG I've got to agree with Maxi on this one. Climate change, Global warming, carbon taxes, it's just a business like any other business. We are always promised the hottest, driest summers ever, told that we will only be able to grow cactuses. Keeps lots of professors in work though.
Sorry to digress from the GIRLIE CAR THREAD but global warming is the most wonderful thing,its natures way of wiping out the disasterous human race!

Huh? You seem to have some issues there! What is a sex car?
Reading the above, its occured to me....

When I look at the Fiat 500, I see a retro-cool car that looks fun to drive.

When some people look at the Fiat 500, they see a girls car or a car full of gays? !!

So, somewhere in the psychology books there will be a reason for that difference.... would be very interesting to understand why some people ridicule it as a girls car, or gay :D (especially when Micheal Schumacher drives one, its heavilly associated with Ferrari and Jeremy Clarkson loves it as well with it being in the Sub-Zero section of the Cool Wall)

Could be some very good ammo to throw back at these people "with issues" :D

306Maxi... you're good at research :D wink... wink... (in a totally non gay way :D)

Last edited:

When some people look at the Fiat 500, they see a girls car or a car full of gays? !!

So, somewhere in the psychology books there will be a reason for that difference.... would be very interesting to understand why some people ridicule it as a girls car, or gay :D (especially when Micheal Schumacher drives one, its heavilly associated with Ferrari and Jeremy Clarkson loves it as well with it being in the Sub-Zero section of the Cool Wall)

306Maxi... you're good at research :D wink... wink... (in a totally non gay way :D)
I just don't see why a car needs to say something about you? I drive my car, I like it, I couldn't give a **** about what other people think of me (who'd have thought it?) or what my car says about me. Drive you car for you and stop worrying about what other people think.

Even the Abarth is hardly hair chested mens stuff but who cares? If you like it you like it and screw what someone else thinks :)

i love the attention my car gets and guess what, both guys and girls love it

it also often gets mistaken for an Abarth which makes me smile :cool:

i would be lying if i said i wasn't concerned about what people thought of the car but it wouldn't stop me driving it anyway :p

Who cares. Its a nice looking car and I think those who think its a gay/girls car really like it anyway and are too scared/insecure to admit it. One of the Krays was a mincer. Imagine him in a 500.

Our postman has been drooling over my Pasodoble 1.2 Lounge - said it just needs a cherry on top and it would be good enough to eat. And he's quite macho:devil:

Having driven a Saab 9-3 Aero for past few years, and just placed my order for 1.2 Sport in Pasadoble red with white stripes and Bonnet 5 (how gay is that), I'm intrigued by this. I have read all 7 pages of the thread. The original comment 'never realised your car is so gay' is they key one. Think - why would someone be driven to say that ... it's a negative, isolating comment. Either, he was p****ed off about something else, or he was deeply envious at not having the bottle to break out from driving the conformist splodge brown Astra (Astra for pete's sake, how dull can you get), or both. If anyone says something like that to me, I'll say 'I take that as a compliment coming from you' - esp if they're male! (which I am). They are really fabulous cars - even Clarkson loves them.

Back