Currently reading:
500 - Girls car?

500 - girls car?

• Yes

Votes: 89 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 49.4%

• Total voters
If your car happens to look more girly, same was said about the old audi TT, girlish car. I would take out and mod the hell out of it

I reckon the old TT was every bit as much a girls car as the 500 (albeit, a slightly richer girls car). The new one is definitely sleeker and more sharp looking so I think it escapes it on observation, but maybe not in reputation?

I definitely felt a bit uncomfortable when I had a 500 as a courtesy car in December last year. It was a nice little car, but I got some strange looks!!!

Merc SLK, Audi TT, Fiat 500, Red BMW Mini - Girl, Hairdresser and/or Virgin Flight Attendant; Am I being stereotypical? This is what I have objectively observed.

The 500 is more for the style-conscious, especially with how it's marketed. That's what draws in so many female buyers. That said, I used to regularly see an old man where I live in a hot pink 10-plate 500. And as far as your observations go Mark685, you're not exactly wrong, those cars are favoured by women, but I'd have to add the Nissan Micra, Alfa Romeo Brera and really basic BMW 1-Series/2-Series convertible.

Last edited:
i voted no but yeah it's really popular among girls :)

i like that the front is non aggressive looking

I'm a 19 stone, 6ft plus bloke. I drive a 500 1.2. I have no issues with my sexuality, have no sense of style whatsoever and don't give a flying cluck what people think of the car I drive. Based on those thoughts, I voted 'no' in what must be the worlds oldest poll!
My wife drives the family car and does so very well (unless there is any reversing to be done!!!)

If the 500 is a "girl's car", where does that put the 169 Panda?

Back in the day, one of my friends had a Citroen 2CV bought brand new. He had no problems being successful with the ladies. So what does that say about "girl's cars"?

Back