500 (Classic) 500 for restoration in auction

Currently reading:
500 (Classic) 500 for restoration in auction

Quite a conservative estimated price I would say, but at that price and with all those spares, a bargain.
Given that it will certainly break the £1000 barrier and probably go for much more, add the 15% buyer's premium, the 3% online bidding charge and whack VAT on top and it becomes a bit of a sting; then you have to get the thing home:bang:

I'm genuinely quite surprised at how cheap that was.

Is that the average price for a project 500? I was looking at one day buying a mini pickup truck or an old caddy to do it with, but something like that would be far cooler!

It was pretty far gone, not as bad as some of the heroic restorations on here, but from the pics you could already see that you'd be replacing all four wings, inner & outer sills, front panel, doors and front bulkhead repair. With that, it's likely that floor panels would need replacing, all four inner wings and rear bulkhead would need work too. Yes you have a number of panels there, but they don't seem to be that expensive. So quite a bit of work before you start overhauling the engine, drivetrain, suspension, electrics, brake lines and interior.

Compare it to what you can import from Italy, and for me it didn't add up after a certain level. I set myself a bidding limit of £1300 to buy it unseen, and it soon went past that. ;)

cheers, Steve

Back