General 500 & Dealers

Currently reading:
General 500 & Dealers

ensonricky

A new Fiat dealership has recently opened in my area so I thought I would drop them a polite email enquiry as to whether they had any events planned to coincide with the launch of the 500 in this country.
Fair enough they answered quite quickly but it was a one word answer with no promise to keep me informed of any future developments.
Is this any way to sell motor cars?

Is this any way to sell motor cars?

I think the 500 will BE the event and it will sell its self.......

Was the answer yes or no?

Welcome to the forum, you`re not a Mini dealer by any chance?:D :D :D

oilrag,

Thanks for the welcome no hidden agenda involved, just a genuine interest in the product.
The reply did not eveninclude the name of the sender of address me by name, the some total of the reply is copied and pasted below.

no

Perhaps I was niave to expect this new dealership with an exciting new product to be rather more enthusiastic. My concern is if they are this lukewarm about selling the product what is the service going to be like following a sale.

Thanks for the welcome no hidden agenda involved, just a genuine interest in the product.
Perhaps I was niave to expect this new dealership with an exciting new product to be rather more enthusiastic. [/COLOR]

Just joking ensonricky:D

To me, competition is a good thing with cars and dealers. It focusses their attention on selling cars and surviving as a going concern.

Lets hope that this overwhelmingly ( allegedly) sold out car, with little or no competition, does not bring out the worst in customer service in the sales departments.

Regards

allegedly sold out

Sold out in france coz of limited supply only being drip fed to the dealers-less than they were promised.

Sold out in Italy? Not really. Popular version sold out, but other more expensive models avail but not in the colour or exact spec people want.
So, some unsold cars in Italy still if you are not fussed about colour and spec.
Similar thing happened to Mini near launch, some unsold but people waiting months to get exactly what they want. :rolleyes:

Fiat are turning the waiting list situation to their advantage and make it seem like people are clamouring for them. :D

Expect similar slow drip feeding of 500s to UK to keep supply tight and make it look good.:devil:

In 1994, when the Cinq Sporting came out there was a big waiting list as Fiat genuinely had sold out! People were paying up to £500 over list price for used Cinq Sportings then. Seems this time round they are deliberately doing this, will see how well they sell come 2008.

Back