General 5 versus 3 door

Currently reading:
General 5 versus 3 door

bezzabsa

OK, so I have a 3r door punto, and I love it...especially the fact that even at 6foot and un-anorexic I have plenty of leg and head room, and for once if I put the seat all the way back - I can't reach the peddles :eek: .

NOW
problem is I sometimes have to take my parents on hospital appointments, and as they're both in their mid 70's getting in and out the back of a 3 door aint gunna happen....so if I swap to a 5 door, will I lose my leg room, or do the seats have the same range of movement????? (y)

Definitely has more boot space as we used out 3 door hgt and the 5 door dynamic to move house and we had dozens of identical boxes we bought from a storage company.....

We could get 2 more boxes in the 5 door than the 3 door.

But as I said the floor pans are the same so no difference in leg space front or rear

Definitely has more boot space as we used out 3 door hgt and the 5 door dynamic to move house and we had dozens of identical boxes we bought from a storage company.....

We could get 2 more boxes in the 5 door than the 3 door.

But as I said the floor pans are the same so no difference in leg space front or rear

...which wouldn't explain why automobile-catalog.com says that they both have the same volume (1080 dm3) with the seats down -- when I'd have thought, because of the more sloping tailgate, as you say, the three-door would have taken less. :confused:

Seats up, though, the five-door's boot is 297 dm3, versus the three-door's paltry 264 dm3...! :)

The parcel shelf is different between the two much narrower on the 3door but the slope of the back window is pretty much the same, so the narrower parcel shelf means less space only in the area of the boot

Back