Technical 40mm Tb

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm Tb

arc said:
i have an 1108 head, and a 75 head on the floor over there *points*

shame ive got nothing i can measure them with

Well he has a 75 head with the valves out but his 60 head is on the cinq so he cant compare them :eek:

If anyone has some standard 60 valves they could measure and so could he and you coould compare if someone would please :)

eper lists different part numbers for the 75 and 1997+ 60 engines to that of the 55 and older 60 engines.

I know Pete worked all this out looking at part numbers, but was doing some re-writing as he wanted to check something.

I too have both heads in various stages of deconstruction, so Id happily measure them...

It wont be till the weekend though!

1108 spi, mpi and 1242 spi
input 30.50 x 7.00 x 97.00

1242 Mpi
input 31.50 x 7.00 x 97.00

Output the same on both, 27.50 x 7.00 x 97.50

All sizes in mm.

Check Federal Mogul's site.

Asteris said:

1242 Mpi

All sizes in mm.

That means that its mostly just the MPI system that gives the 15bhp more than the 60 isnt it? Puting a 75 head would give a better performance than the 60 just becasue of the MPI of course but the increase in making a 75 head into SPI would be like nothing wouldnt it?

Asteris said:

1242 Mpi

All sizes in mm.

nearly correct, but there are two 1242 SPI engines. the 176A7000 and the 176B4000. The B4 engine is found in later Punto60's and is listed on eper as using the same valve sizes as the 1242 MPI.

That means that its mostly just the MPI system that gives the 15bhp more than the 60 isnt it?

No, its a combination of MPI, hotter cam, higher compression ratio and bigger valves.

Correct about the valves, seems that early Punto 1.1 and 1.2 Spi engines used the 30.5mm intake valves, all cento 1.1 engines use the 31.5mm one (at least Eper shows it's the same as the punto75 one, which is believed to be 31.5mm...).

Mine arrived today, its currently sat on my desk in front of me, whilst i admire it :cool:

Hopefully fit it this weekend (y)

Fitted my 40mm throttle body yesterday, well its awesome, started first go, little bit rumbly but the ecu soon twigged the change, then out for the road test, just pulling out, it sounded angrier. Then once she had warmed up, opened her up, in 2nd, oh yes 4k onwards, its cracking, its smoother lower down but the top end of the rev range, it absolutely snorts on.

I cannot recommend it enough, im certainly one very happy tricker customer.

went out in mases car on sat, convinced me into buying one soon! it sounds absolutely awesome!! with a standard zorst its stil sounds like a beast, and getiing in my car after going in his (although a 1242 with a chip and 40mm) there is soooooooo much difference in noise and definately performance!

Recomend it 100%

(y)

TurboCinqy said:
went out in mases car on sat, convinced me into buying one soon! it sounds absolutely awesome!! with a standard zorst its stil sounds like a beast, and getiing in my car after going in his (although a 1242 with a chip and 40mm) there is soooooooo much difference in noise and definately performance!

Recomend it 100%

(y)

hehe glad u approved.

although ive come to realise a little bit of the noise is comin from the manifold spacer as one of the gaskets is blowing.... and its weird, i havent noticed any performance loss from changin to a standard exhaust either, so cant complain, still want hotter cam and a flowed head tho :devil: :slayer:

p.s: feedback on ebay please :D

Last edited:
Still not fitted mine yet and I've had it about two weeks.

I'm off work sick today so I think if I feel better after lunch I'll go out and brave the cold.

Nick

You wanna buy mine? I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle anymore.

Nick

is there any difference boring out a 55 tb to 40mm than boring out a 60 1242 one to the same? can the 55 be bored out the same to 40mm?

Back