Technical 40mm tb on 1108 - fitted

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm tb on 1108 - fitted

I am gonna look into building my own custom intake manifold. I work at a small exhaust manufacturers so custom jobs like this are our specialty. Going to speak to those who have already built them (tricker) and see what advice they can offer. I know there is complications with water lines and the ECU temp sensor.

Just read some other bits of this thread that i had previously ignored.
Having been in Petes car this weekend (stupidly quick even with 4 Boris's in) he was having probs with the engine cutting out when cold. He suggested it was to do with his Pug/Citreon 36mm TB he uses. It has no water channels running through it. So even tho the manifold may not need them the TB might.

Pete feel free to correct me if i am incorrect on any of this.

Last edited:
GeX said:
I am gonna look into building my own custom intake manifold. I work at a small exhaust manufacturers so custom jobs like this are our specialty. Going to speak to those who have already built them (tricker) and see what advice they can offer. I know there is complications with water lines and the ECU temp sensor.

Just read some other bits of this thread that i had previously ignored.
Having been in Petes car this weekend (stupidly quick even with 4 Boris's in) he was having probs with the engine cutting out when cold. He suggested it was to do with his Pug/Citreon 36mm TB he uses. It has no water channels running through it. So even tho the manifold may not need them the TB might.

Pete feel free to correct me if i am incorrect on any of this.

The ECU inlet ATS is the smallest of your worries...plus the manifold doesnt NEED to be watercooled...I understand it just helps proceedings when the engine's cold.

Back