Technical 40mm tb on 1108 - fitted

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm tb on 1108 - fitted

Oldschool said:
If the 40mm throttle body diametre is the only thing that matters then someone explain to me please how the Radical SR9 with its 3000cc engine produces 525bhp at a reasonable rpm as well as having a torque output of 273 lb ft? Even more so it brethes through a 44.7mm restrictor. And no, it is not forced induction, just normally aspirated.
There is much more to it than just having a larger throttlebody.

Sure there’s more to is than just a larger TB. :)

A big engine with more than 8 valves, better cams, lightweight engine internals and externals. A good gearbox with less resistance, higher revs. and so on….

A larger TB is only a step on the way. ;)
My 40mm TB is an exact fit and a very easy swap - it delivers 10% more power (both torque and HP) to the standard engine without a re-map – guaranteed!

Se before/after rolling road printout bellow
no.2.JPG
no.3.JPG

10% more power for 120 euro + 30 Euro in post charge - where can you get that elsewhere??

All the members of fiatforum.com who already had this done are very pleased with the performance of the 40mm TB :)

Let us hear them speak up :)

One of them started this very thread you know ;)

Last edited:
..I got a TB done from Tricker and was well happy with the results for 150 euros. Made my 1242 more responsive and definately improved performance. Would recommend it to all..Top work :D

the only gripe i have with the tb and chip on mine is cold starting, its naff! dont know why, just is, happy with the performance - very very happy!!!

jamie86 said:
The best way of saying thank you would be making me one ;) :D

heeh...

You know you are the first one on the list when the manifold is tested and ready for sale ;)

I have bin doing some small upgrades and improvements on my own car since I was on the rolling road few month ago. A change of steering box from Fase2 to Fase1 has sorted out a kind of lack after gearshift. I don't know why the Fase2 steering box allows this lack and the Fase1 box doesn't, but it works fine for me. Only thing is that I don't have the key-code option on the Fase1 box, but hey... as long the engine runs better I'm happy :D
I also got the famous Magnetor Leed fitted - must say there are some improvements on idle and the engine doesn't stall under 2700 rpm. the same way it did before the leeds was fitted - conclusion: they work!
Next time I get the car on the rolling road I'll se if the Magnetor leeds gives the engine more hp.
Right now I'm searching for ideas to get the 95 hp. to be 100 hp.

First thing to do though is to get a gearbox change next Tuesday. The one sitting on the car now have become very bad lately. Bearings are making noise and the car shakes like hell...

Are you using a standard Cinq gearbox at the moment then?

I think mine could also do with being changed as a certain Turbo Cinq I had a spin in last night felt like it had a much better gearbox than mine...

Yeah keep us all posted on the inlet manifold i'm sure you'll have as much intrest in that as your TB's

:D

jamie86 said:
Are you using a standard Cinq gearbox at the moment then?

I think mine could also do with being changed as a certain Turbo Cinq I had a spin in last night felt like it had a much better gearbox than mine...

Yeah keep us all posted on the inlet manifold i'm sure you'll have as much intrest in that as your TB's

:D

Yes it's the standart gearbox.

What geabox is on that Turbo Cinq?? Is it Aaron's Cinq?

project-cinqy said:
So would it be possible to remove the water heating from the tb on an 899? just take the pipes off the tb and fit a temp sensor inbetween?

Jon.

You can just pull of the 2 water hoses on the TB and connect them so water isn't going through the TB heating the air - but when it's winter you might have to put the hoses back in place to prevent mixture in crystallize because of a too cold air.

Tricker... said:
Yes it's the standart gearbox.

What geabox is on that Turbo Cinq?? Is it Aaron's Cinq?

Yes it's Aaron's (bloody hell that shifts so much faster in the drivers seat!) and as far as the receipts say it's a standard Cinq box as well... I guess mine could be on the way out may try an oil change just to see.... (n)

Sorry didn't mean shift as in gear change meant hang on to the stearing wheel and look at the crazy speeds! Lol :D

So there is a short shift then never heard of one before...... :confused:

Back