Technical 40mm TB and GSR

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm TB and GSR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldschool said:
By the way, can you empty your inbox Tricker?
Done (y)

bad_boy_racer said:
Right - I'll clear this up :D

Tricker send me one of your TB's to "test" please :D I also have my own GSR modified TB that I can test also. Club Fire Power is organising a small RR day at a respected RR location sometime soon - which will be a perfect opportunity to test these "claims"

We'll stick a F1i on both TB's (and even on the 30 and 32mm jobbies if it'll help!!) and see the results?

Howza that sound then???

Edit: This is me officially offering my car as a test subject - incase it wasn't clear - lol

Regards,
Matt
What filter would you fit beside the GSR F1i kit?
You have to test the 40mm TB with minimum 2 different induction kit's to compare the results.

Maybe D4NS would also like to offer his car for at test run? He already got the 40mm TB and will be having a GSR kit soon - What do you say D4NS? :D

Last edited:
We're going around in circles with this again, so I'll close it and summarise a bit.

The 40mm throttle body may or may not be best paired with a GSR induction kit.

The GSR induction kit has an opening slightly larger than that of the 40mm tb when the shaft and butterfly are taken into account.

Nobody has yet tested a combination of kits and throttle bodies.

Comments like 'It's bound to be useless', 'it felt better', 'it's too restrictive' are based on supposition and guesswork to some extent.

A good comparison to make would be to use two identically specced cars with 40m tb's on, one with say a K&N and one with a GSR kit. Do a power run with each car, then swap over the induction kits and repeat the test.

The torque curves produced may vary with induction, these may prove interesting as they will give an idea of flexibilty of the engine setup.

Borrowing a GSR then going for a drive may give some idea, but a rolling road session will give a lot more info.

A lot of people won't actualy be interested in a 1bhp gain, many buy the induction kits for the roar they make.

Nobody is gonna give you a free 40mm tb or a free GSR induction kit to try out, so stop fishing!

I'm not trying to put anybody down, but until we can have a comparison made between the setups, there is no more point to these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back