Technical 40MM Here i Come!

Currently reading:
Technical 40MM Here i Come!

SeiJunkie

a little story id thought id share, went to fiats in croydon today and asked for a throttle body to send to tricker, i was shocked when the assistant said £200. but that was a re-con one and a new one retails at £301. now is it me or is that daylight robbery? anyway then i went to a fiat scrappy in brixton and got quoted £40 so i thought i save £160 anyway, why not. Why is it soo expensive from fiat? anyway heres the question, which part of the throttle body do i send off to tricker because theres two parts, the top or bottom? and does this look ok to you?

Attachments

• Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 64
wait a minute it costs £130 delivered then? i only thought it would come to £100 or am i getting mixed up with a GSR kit?

MPI kits from GSR are 145

However they are currently developing a new GSR kit for the MPI which may see the kit outdo the SPI one, however we would only know if we put the two kits on two similar cars and tested them.

So to answer the question, yes there is an MPI GSR kit but a new one is currently being developed

PM oldschool for further information (y)

ok cheers guys fortunatly i have a spi sei so im covered:p i will PM him tommoro when i check available funds.

Tricker, any news on enlarging a MPi TB? I had a look at mine the other day, looks complitcated there is a second venturi... Is it possible?

i dunno about all that because i only have an ECU for 1 injector so itll be rather expensive to find a engine management system to do all 4 plus a fifth. might interest some MPI owners though like applesei even though he aint really gonna do much more cos his sei aint really long term but deffo worth a look cos tricker hasnt dont an MPI one YET

fredjudd said:
Tricker, any news on enlarging a MPi TB? I had a look at mine the other day, looks complitcated there is a second venturi... Is it possible?
Hi there

The MPI mrk II TB can be enlarged but the plastic inlet manifold can't, so you wouldn't get anything from a oversized mrk II TB without rebuilding the inlet manifold.

Cheers

99sei said:
got one of these on there way from the punto forum (y)

£70 delivered :p

cant wait to get it, even though it will be about 2 months before i can try it out :bang:

That wouldn't be JonnyBoy's would it? He was selling the 40mm TB off his Punto :chin:

fredjudd said:

We have something under testing at the moment. Unfortunately the restriction of the inlet manifold needs some more attention.

Back