Technical 40MM Here i Come!

Currently reading:
Technical 40MM Here i Come!

SeiJunkie

a little story id thought id share, went to fiats in croydon today and asked for a throttle body to send to tricker, i was shocked when the assistant said £200. but that was a re-con one and a new one retails at £301. now is it me or is that daylight robbery? anyway then i went to a fiat scrappy in brixton and got quoted £40 so i thought i save £160 anyway, why not. Why is it soo expensive from fiat? anyway heres the question, which part of the throttle body do i send off to tricker because theres two parts, the top or bottom? and does this look ok to you?

Attachments

• Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 25

allanhelen

I Need Beer
Its the bottom bit you need to send the piece with the butterfly

just for anyone else who's thinking of a 40mm TB Its always worth emailing Tricker as he might have one he can supply save you hunting the scrappies I got one straight from him £130 delivered

OP
OP
SeiJunkie

SeiJunkie

wait a minute it costs £130 delivered then? i only thought it would come to £100 or am i getting mixed up with a GSR kit?

allanhelen

I Need Beer
€120 + €30 post and packing plus the origonal TB

thats about £104 plus the cost of your TB

The GSR kit is £99

to be honest you just have to get both of them thumb:

OZ Seicento

www.niimc.net
Is it only SPI engines he can do or does he do MPI ones too, because i thought i read somewhere it was only SPI ones?

OZ

OZ Seicento

www.niimc.net
Yea thats were i got it from, cheers.
hopefully he'll maybe try his hands at an MPI soon.
Thanks

OZ

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
MPI kits from GSR are 145

However they are currently developing a new GSR kit for the MPI which may see the kit outdo the SPI one, however we would only know if we put the two kits on two similar cars and tested them.

So to answer the question, yes there is an MPI GSR kit but a new one is currently being developed

PM oldschool for further information (y)

OP
OP
SeiJunkie

SeiJunkie

ok cheers guys fortunatly i have a spi sei so im covered:p i will PM him tommoro when i check available funds.

allanhelen

I Need Beer
you won't regret it this a really good piece of kit the difference it makes is quite incredible

Tricker is really quick I paid on the Thursday, He posted it on the Friday and I received the following Wednesday, fitted on Thursday, new front tyres on Saturday :D

Hi there

Thanks for all the nice quotes regarding my TB's (y)

SeiJunkie: I'll only need the bottompart with the butterfly in it - nothing else...

Please PM me for my addy and Paypal details.

Cheers everyone

/Tricker

fredjudd

Tricker, any news on enlarging a MPi TB? I had a look at mine the other day, looks complitcated there is a second venturi... Is it possible?

OP
OP
SeiJunkie

SeiJunkie

i dunno about all that because i only have an ECU for 1 injector so itll be rather expensive to find a engine management system to do all 4 plus a fifth. might interest some MPI owners though like applesei even though he aint really gonna do much more cos his sei aint really long term but deffo worth a look cos tricker hasnt dont an MPI one YET

fredjudd said:
Tricker, any news on enlarging a MPi TB? I had a look at mine the other day, looks complitcated there is a second venturi... Is it possible?
Hi there

The MPI mrk II TB can be enlarged but the plastic inlet manifold can't, so you wouldn't get anything from a oversized mrk II TB without rebuilding the inlet manifold.

Cheers

chaos

Ah. Not good...
99sei said:
got one of these on there way from the punto forum (y)

£70 delivered :p

cant wait to get it, even though it will be about 2 months before i can try it out :bang:

That wouldn't be JonnyBoy's would it? He was selling the 40mm TB off his Punto :chin:

Oldschool

Banned
fredjudd said:

We have something under testing at the moment. Unfortunately the restriction of the inlet manifold needs some more attention.